GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am i the only one who's noticed this...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/01/02 at 08:28
Regular
I'm talking about the increasing amount of newbies + just arrived's that have arrived recently? Stop Spamming!
Sat 26/01/02 at 22:35
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
damn does work
Sat 26/01/02 at 22:34
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
it's an American thing Spam.

| |
| SPAM |
| |
| |
| |
| |
----------------------
Sat 26/01/02 at 22:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ant wrote:
> Isn't spam some sort of food???

Yes, its canned meat. It looks quite tasty, but ive never tried it.
Sat 26/01/02 at 22:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Isn't spam some sort of food???
Sat 26/01/02 at 20:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Monkey Of Gorilla War wrote:
> Prawn Star wrote:
> Thanks Monkey of War! 8D! I like people who appreciate
> my ideas.

No probs! To add to that, you won the competition for the tagline!
> ;)

*Goes smug*

"In my days (3 days ago to be precise) i was a newbie
> and everyone made fun of me and i nearly commited suicide (deleted
> ukchatforums.co.uk off my favourites list)"

When I first read through, I
> thought REAL suicide. Speaking of that, did you hear from SR Upwire or in the
> paper of that fraudulent woman who tried to commit online suicide, to fake her
> own death, so the police would leave her alone. Damn freaky!

In Guerrlia
> Warfare, it's amazing when an arm flies past at high speed!

MOGW

If you are talking about that woman who sold on computer equipment before paying for it, then she didnt commit online suicide, thats impossible, she left a trail hinting that she had jumped of a cliff and was washed away.
Sat 26/01/02 at 17:34
I'm a newbie, and i will be for a while to come yet. I dont want to write a loada rubbish up just so i can be a regular so no one moans at me. When i first arrived i posted few stupid topics which had done before, but i got moaned at a bit, so since then i haven't posted anything up (except 2 posts in Pc forum when i needed help) But i think i'll just continue to reply to the posts which i choose and then over time i will learn what makes a good post etc so then when im a regular i actually post some decent posts up.
I think that way of not writing much up and reading topics mostly is better, because then you learn about the forums and will have more of an idea later when you become a regular. Some people think they can arrive, spam to become a regular then automatically get some respect . But isn't posting better stuff up after reading a load of topics a better way to get respect and make freinds than just becoming a regular ?
Does any one agree that it's better to have an idea of what's a good post and whats not, and write some decent posts, rather than just havin a purple name ?
Sat 26/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Last week i was continuously tormented by badgerman
and shadow stuck up for me.
next week im a regular and would like to thank shadow in advance.
Sat 26/01/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
I didn't whine, I didn't say anything, I just listened ;) I don't see why a Newbie would be ridiculed if he was good enough, unless some of the Regulars or Notable either thought he was annoying or something, or were just fed-up and wanted to poke fun at him.
Sat 26/01/02 at 16:55
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
When did the stereotype suddenly appear that when you are a newbie, everybody complains about you? When I was one, and it wasn't long ago, nobody complained to me about posting newbie trash etc, if I wrote genuinely crappy stuff, they would tell me. This was fair enough, because crap posts of any king should be condemned. However, no-one does, or should, complain about newbies posts, only if they are terrible and desreve the hate-relies that they deserve. If their was a newbie who did entierly good posts and threads, he would be praised by regulares and notables alike.
In short, stop complaining that you are geting treated unfairly (to the newbies), and stop whinging to them if they do a bad posts, they are still learning (to the regulars).
Sat 26/01/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Prawn Star wrote:
> Thanks Monkey of War! 8D! I like people who appreciate my ideas.

No probs! To add to that, you won the competition for the tagline! ;)

*Goes smug*

"In my days (3 days ago to be precise) i was a newbie and everyone made fun of me and i nearly commited suicide (deleted ukchatforums.co.uk off my favourites list)"

When I first read through, I thought REAL suicide. Speaking of that, did you hear from SR Upwire or in the paper of that fraudulent woman who tried to commit online suicide, to fake her own death, so the police would leave her alone. Damn freaky!

In Guerrlia Warfare, it's amazing when an arm flies past at high speed!

MOGW

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.