GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just feel I need to say this."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/01/03 at 17:46
Regular
I don't like GTA3. I don't like vice city. They bore me, they annoy me. They just make me think they're what an 'adult' game would be if it was designed by 14 year old boys with hormone overdoses.

That is all.
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Kyz22 wrote:
> what does 'furtive' mean?

Google my whole tagline.
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:23
Regular
"That's right!"
"I enjoyed GTA3, until I got to the second island and got bored. I didn't even contemplate buying VC, as it was far too similar."

My thoughts exactly. Got to the second island, tried the first mission once or twice, tried to learn my way around the island... then only returned to the game to shoot people after putting in the weapons cheat. Boooooring. However, when my new processor arrives, I'll be giving it another blast, as it should run a lot better.

And I might get VC when it comes out on the PC, don't like the PS2 controls... they're just plain wrong.

Oh, and Mafia is way better than GTA3, just thought I'd mention that. But because of the Sony fanboys, GTA3 did a lot better in the sales department. Shame.
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cyclone wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Nah.
>
> Napoloen would rule all
>
> Guns, but not ridiculously powerful ones.
>
> And cavalry.
>
> And even 'SHARPEEEYYYYY!'
>
> :)
>
> Ahh Boney, France's No1 failure, at least they stopped attacking us
> when we destroyed Boney at the Traflger (I don't know how to spell
> that place).
>
> Waterloo, I think you mean.
>
> ;)

Top quality quotage!
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Nah.
>
> Napoloen would rule all
>
> Guns, but not ridiculously powerful ones.
>
> And cavalry.
>
> And even 'SHARPEEEYYYYY!'
>
> :)
>
> Ahh Boney, France's No1 failure, at least they stopped attacking us
> when we destroyed Boney at the Traflger (I don't know how to spell
> that place).

Waterloo, I think you mean.

;)
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ah, the famous "Sheep Syndrome".
Sat 18/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
"DS..."
BEARDS. wrote:
> I don't like GTA3. I don't like vice city. They bore me, they annoy
> me. They just make me think they're what an 'adult' game would be if
> it was designed by 14 year old boys with hormone overdoses.
>
> That is all.

I agree and this is what i've been trying to say all along and whats more is that the contributing factors to it's success are the fact that it's overhyped and overrated and the only other reason (amongst others) is because the "common herd" buy it cos one of their other "herd members" say it's good and it go's something like tis...

Joe:- ave u played that new GTA game?
Dave:- nah m8, is it ne good?
Joe:- ye m8 it's well good.
Dave:- really?
Joe:- ye
Dave:- what stuf can u do innit?
Joe:- oh it's realt cool u can drive cars n smash stuff n drive cars n smash stuff.... and did i say U CAN SMASH STUFF? u should get it m8.
Dave:- k m8, i will m8, c u l8er m8
Joe:- L8ers

next day Dave and Joe are talking to Bob and the convo starts again and so word spreads etc and wave after wave of casual gamers purchase it and swear that any other game is crap because their so narrow minded and I don't care how many copies it sells that still does'nt mean that it's actually good the main thing thats good in games these days is originality and it's something that is becoming more and more rare as time go's by and then when something does come out thats original e.g. Zelda The Wind Waker all the GTA muppets mock it cos they can't see past what in their view are cartoon graphics and just dismiss it as crap, and this is what GTA seems to be doing to the game industry and thats why i will allways hate it apart from numerous other things i hate about it as it's linear and effectively only requires about 1-2 braincells to play which makes it perfect for the market which is buying into it.

if anyone want's to waste their time playing GTA then they can go ahead but they will allways be missing out on the REAL games that matter over the years and for that I laugh at you the world over.

slik ~_~
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Kyz22 wrote:

It means stealthy, sneakily, that sorta thing.
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:08
"The Will of D."
Kyz22 wrote:
> El Blokey wrote:
> *deliberately doesn't argue with BEARDS. because that's EXACTLY what
> he wants*
>
> The therapy classes WEREN'T a waste then!

I'm going to be taking Psychology when i go into Sixth form, then i can see what makes all of you lot "tick".
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:07
"The Will of D."
Kyz22 wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
>
> Please!

I may know what it means, but I don't want to say.

*This means I have no idea myself*
Fri 17/01/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
El Blokey wrote:
> *deliberately doesn't argue with BEARDS. because that's EXACTLY what
> he wants*

The therapy classes WEREN'T a waste then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.