GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Place your bets for the GameCube release date...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 16:07
Regular
As we all know by now, come Monday morning at around 9:10am we'll all know when the GameCube will finally hit Europe.

In our office we're currently running a book on the release date and i thought maybe you guys (and gals) on the nintendo forum would like to do the same.

So to this end, now is the time to put your money where your month is!

On what date do you think the Gamcube will be released?

As i've stated in an earlier post on this forum, i think (and i included my reasons) the date will be APRIL 10th 2002!

So what do you think the date will be and why?...
Sat 26/01/02 at 18:55
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
wait , im getting something , it's comeing to me ..... sounds like mary , wait no , may , bird , no no , third , the gamecube , will launch ... on may 3rd ! why .... coz im phsycic.
Fri 25/01/02 at 15:17
Regular
$lik wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
> April 4th.

(That means if it's released any time BEFORE
> April 5th, I WIN!
> Wehey!)

you obviously didnt read my post :P
slik
> ~_~

Your post wasn't there before I pressed the "post button".
It magically appeared while I was typing. :-D
Fri 25/01/02 at 14:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
If the Gamecube is released in or after April i'm gonna go into town on Monday and buy Advance Wars!

I've been saving up for the Gamecube and so i've got loadsa money burnin' a hole in my pocket, and if it's comming out until April, I'll have another student loan by then!

:)
Fri 25/01/02 at 12:18
Regular
"not dead"
They no doubt have a date, and were looking at the logistics of it, and decided that they needed to give retailers an extra week, to make it possible.

Now I don't know how long it takes to sort this kind of thing out, but I'm pretty sure that it won't roll into May now.

March may still be too early, as much as I hope otherwise.

To be honest though, I'm more interested in what the launch games will be, rather than when it will come.
Fri 25/01/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hmm, I retract my earlier statement regarding April 5th as the launch of the console.

Reason being, why would Nintendo go to all this trouble just to announce an April launch date, when it could've been announced at Milia?

More to this than meets the eye...
Fri 25/01/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
April 5th is my guess...
Fri 25/01/02 at 10:17
Regular
"not dead"
I'd like it to be 22nd March, so I can use the rest of my annual leave for the year (April through March) to play it!

Nintendo have stated that none of the predicted release dates have been right so far, but how many have they heard? Although a Friday is a traditional day to release games and systems, it was released on a Sunday in the USA, so it could be any day. I'd say between 22March and 12th April, but I won't kill myself or anything if I have to wait longer!

You think they can get to Monday without leaking it? Nintendo Europe are rubbish at keeping stuff quiet.
Fri 25/01/02 at 10:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Me too, my birthday is bang in the middle of February, so that would be a nice present.(I know Feb is a bit soon, but here's hoping)
Fri 25/01/02 at 01:12
Regular
i'd say or wish a mid febuary release.
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:06
Regular
They might releaseit just before the X Box or just after like in America.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.