GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Simpsons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 09:22
Regular
When you want to consider one of the greatest running programme/comedies, The Simpsons is the first one to spring to mind.
It happened when the creator, called Matt Groening, produced a comic called "Life in Hell", this was a success, and was to be the basis of any future Simpsons success as well.

It first appeared back in the 80's, it had its first screening on the "Tracy Ullman show" where it was screened amidst hype and expectancy, and it was successful. It was so successful in fact, that what was meant to be your average 10-minute cartoon, exploded in to a full-blown entertainment package. It was in the TV listings one day, and the front-page news the next.
The Simpsons had officially landed, and it was to amass a cult following normally reserved for a world leader. When one person saw this as "just another cartoon", another fifteen people saw it as a masterpiece in entertainment media. Fans loved it, and critics had no response except to hop on the Simpsons bandwagon and praise it for where it had started, and where it was now.

People grew used to the everyday happenings of America’s most dysfunctional family, consisting of Homer and his wife Marge, and their three children, Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie, the latter of whom is still in nappies after 15 years.
Classic after classic episode were made, as they still are to this very day, and it was soon after it happened that celebrities wanted in on the act. The like of Michael Jackson, George Bush, The Beatles to name but a few, have all appeared on The Simpsons, and it was not for the creators asking them, but the celebrities asking the producers of the show; it was seen that if you had appeared in the Simpsons, then that certified you as a star.

It was apparent went it first appeared that The Simpsons was going to be big, and it has since spawned merchandise from bed covers, to clocks, to toothbrushes, to coffee mugs...the list is endless.
The greatest compliment to be given to the show is that it is still going strong, and is as popular as ever.
Apparently, there will be a movie in production, possibly whenever the shows wheels stop rolling, and it becomes just an ordinary broadcast. Fortunately, it shows no signs of letting up, and the makers show no signs of running out of ideas for classics that are talked about wherever you go.

The Simpsons has become a way of live for many people, me included, and is an inspiration to any budding cartoonists who wish to realize their dream of making it big in the industry.

Thanks for reading this, and please post your thoughts on it as well.
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:04
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
The funniest must be Homer.
But I think close to him would be because most of the time he is funny.
If you go to the simpsons website and go to epiode libary then looking there them you can see that it is always Bart or Homer VS someone.
EG Bart Vs Australia
Homer Vs Patty and Selma
Sun 27/01/02 at 02:41
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I think Mr. Burns is funny. When he arches his hands and says "excellent". Pure genius
Sat 26/01/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Maggie is one of my favourite because she always gets out of her bed by climbing and jumping and all.
Fri 25/01/02 at 19:16
Regular
"es argh"
CDouch wrote:
> yeah - you got the DVD?

Yep, it's 5 hours of pure bed wetting fun.
Thu 24/01/02 at 20:15
slave2games wrote:
> I'm going to extend this post by asking a question:

Who is your favourite
> character from The Simpsons?

Mine is Homer Simpson, of course you can choose
> a non-related character, such as Barney Gumble, Groundskeeper Willie etc.

mine are homer, chief wiggam, and ralph wiggam.and skinner when he has 'nam flashbacks.
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:51
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The little baby in Family Guy is funny.

Oh when will his plot scheming end?
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
My favourite episode is the one with death
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
YEA see the one where peter is looking threw a hole into the girls locker and you see him standing there witha plank looking threw.
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah - you got the DVD?
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"es argh"
Anyone seen Family Guy, it's like the Simpsons but it's more adultish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.