GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Simpsons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 09:22
Regular
When you want to consider one of the greatest running programme/comedies, The Simpsons is the first one to spring to mind.
It happened when the creator, called Matt Groening, produced a comic called "Life in Hell", this was a success, and was to be the basis of any future Simpsons success as well.

It first appeared back in the 80's, it had its first screening on the "Tracy Ullman show" where it was screened amidst hype and expectancy, and it was successful. It was so successful in fact, that what was meant to be your average 10-minute cartoon, exploded in to a full-blown entertainment package. It was in the TV listings one day, and the front-page news the next.
The Simpsons had officially landed, and it was to amass a cult following normally reserved for a world leader. When one person saw this as "just another cartoon", another fifteen people saw it as a masterpiece in entertainment media. Fans loved it, and critics had no response except to hop on the Simpsons bandwagon and praise it for where it had started, and where it was now.

People grew used to the everyday happenings of America’s most dysfunctional family, consisting of Homer and his wife Marge, and their three children, Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie, the latter of whom is still in nappies after 15 years.
Classic after classic episode were made, as they still are to this very day, and it was soon after it happened that celebrities wanted in on the act. The like of Michael Jackson, George Bush, The Beatles to name but a few, have all appeared on The Simpsons, and it was not for the creators asking them, but the celebrities asking the producers of the show; it was seen that if you had appeared in the Simpsons, then that certified you as a star.

It was apparent went it first appeared that The Simpsons was going to be big, and it has since spawned merchandise from bed covers, to clocks, to toothbrushes, to coffee mugs...the list is endless.
The greatest compliment to be given to the show is that it is still going strong, and is as popular as ever.
Apparently, there will be a movie in production, possibly whenever the shows wheels stop rolling, and it becomes just an ordinary broadcast. Fortunately, it shows no signs of letting up, and the makers show no signs of running out of ideas for classics that are talked about wherever you go.

The Simpsons has become a way of live for many people, me included, and is an inspiration to any budding cartoonists who wish to realize their dream of making it big in the industry.

Thanks for reading this, and please post your thoughts on it as well.
Thu 24/01/02 at 09:22
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
When you want to consider one of the greatest running programme/comedies, The Simpsons is the first one to spring to mind.
It happened when the creator, called Matt Groening, produced a comic called "Life in Hell", this was a success, and was to be the basis of any future Simpsons success as well.

It first appeared back in the 80's, it had its first screening on the "Tracy Ullman show" where it was screened amidst hype and expectancy, and it was successful. It was so successful in fact, that what was meant to be your average 10-minute cartoon, exploded in to a full-blown entertainment package. It was in the TV listings one day, and the front-page news the next.
The Simpsons had officially landed, and it was to amass a cult following normally reserved for a world leader. When one person saw this as "just another cartoon", another fifteen people saw it as a masterpiece in entertainment media. Fans loved it, and critics had no response except to hop on the Simpsons bandwagon and praise it for where it had started, and where it was now.

People grew used to the everyday happenings of America’s most dysfunctional family, consisting of Homer and his wife Marge, and their three children, Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie, the latter of whom is still in nappies after 15 years.
Classic after classic episode were made, as they still are to this very day, and it was soon after it happened that celebrities wanted in on the act. The like of Michael Jackson, George Bush, The Beatles to name but a few, have all appeared on The Simpsons, and it was not for the creators asking them, but the celebrities asking the producers of the show; it was seen that if you had appeared in the Simpsons, then that certified you as a star.

It was apparent went it first appeared that The Simpsons was going to be big, and it has since spawned merchandise from bed covers, to clocks, to toothbrushes, to coffee mugs...the list is endless.
The greatest compliment to be given to the show is that it is still going strong, and is as popular as ever.
Apparently, there will be a movie in production, possibly whenever the shows wheels stop rolling, and it becomes just an ordinary broadcast. Fortunately, it shows no signs of letting up, and the makers show no signs of running out of ideas for classics that are talked about wherever you go.

The Simpsons has become a way of live for many people, me included, and is an inspiration to any budding cartoonists who wish to realize their dream of making it big in the industry.

Thanks for reading this, and please post your thoughts on it as well.
Thu 24/01/02 at 10:31
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'm going to extend this post by asking a question:

Who is your favourite character from The Simpsons?

Mine is Homer Simpson, of course you can choose a non-related character, such as Barney Gumble, Groundskeeper Willie etc.
Thu 24/01/02 at 10:42
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
The Simpsons were first created to be the life of Bart but then like every one else everyone likes Homer including me.
Homer is that dumb you don't know what he will eat or do. That is why Homer is my favourite character.The funniest parts of homer is way he sees food and just says mmmmmmmmmmmm.... fudge LOL.
Thu 24/01/02 at 10:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Another funny what Homer said was, "Hmmmmm, something", lol
Thu 24/01/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Quite a good post, but you have got some of your facts a bit wrong.
Thu 24/01/02 at 16:29
Regular
Meh, it's been done before. CDouch did one, and won a GAD, I recall.
Thu 24/01/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yep your right, but mine was like 3 times the size, I can right for ages about the simpsons just like you can about LotR.
Thu 24/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
If you think you are good at Simpsons questions go to the Quiz forum at Movies,TV,Music and Books there we are asking and answering Simpsons questions.
:)Coley.
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"es argh"
Anyone seen Family Guy, it's like the Simpsons but it's more adultish.
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah - you got the DVD?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.