GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copying games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/01/03 at 17:54
Regular
Copying games, I think is a fraud. People go out and buy games honestly, however some people copy games just to make a bit a money, for one it is illegal and companies that spent all their time are being ripped off by people who would do anything to get money. This effects the future of gaming considerably, as people are copying games the developers are losing money, and if they have no money, no more games. Most people don't know of the rule of "Copyright".
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:54
Copying games, I think is a fraud. People go out and buy games honestly, however some people copy games just to make a bit a money, for one it is illegal and companies that spent all their time are being ripped off by people who would do anything to get money. This effects the future of gaming considerably, as people are copying games the developers are losing money, and if they have no money, no more games. Most people don't know of the rule of "Copyright".
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
"spammy" simply states the obvious

:)
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:59
Regular
yup, you've taken what could have been a good topic, and made it not good
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*Adds spanny to Buddy List*

Piracy is a crime. Videogame piracy profits go towards drugs, prostitution, terrorism and were directly responsible for the subsidence at 28, NutGrove Road, Warrington in 1998.

By copying games, you are not only stealing, you are depriving people who care about the industry access to cheaper games. Not to mention making games developers go without food, in some cases having to sell their own children into slavery to make ends meet.

The longterm consquences of videogame piracy are hardly ever discussed, but already we are seeing the effects. SquareSoft, possibly one of the largest developers in the world, was recently forced to merge with rivals Enix in a bid to make ends meet. TakeTwo are able to acquire smaller companies cheaper than ever before. Rage have gone bust, Virgin Interactive are rumoured to be going under, and we're only 3 weeks into the new year.

By merging companies, we are losing diversity, we are losing competition, and eventually we'll be in a position where Bill Gates buys them all up at just the right price leaving XBox as the only available console for which games are being produced.

His monopoly will be complete.

SO DON'T COPY GAMES!!
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> By merging companies, we are losing diversity, we are losing
> competition, and eventually we'll be in a position where Bill Gates
> buys them all up at just the right price leaving XBox as the only
> available console for which games are being produced.

Argh! The foreseen apocalypse!!
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:05
Regular
Virgin never recovered from Toonstruck.

They made one of the greatest games ever, but they shouldn't have.

I love that game.
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Bonafide wrote:
> Argh! The foreseen apocalypse!!

Not really, we've had plenty of warning. The Bible in Revelations has always gone on about the Four Horsemen. Scholars have always interpreted them as angels, but of course the real explanation is that we're talking about Sega, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

Nostradamus always had hallucinations featuring 'Hisler', which of course was incorrectly believed to be 'Hitler', when in fact it was ancient latin, a direct translation, 'His-' meaning 'Bill' and '-ler' meaning 'Gate'.
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
:D

I so believe you
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:16
Regular
"smelly boxers"
i dont sell the games i copy but i do copy games.

once my mate copied one from the library i thought it was quite funny
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> 'Hitler', when in fact it was
> ancient latin, a direct translation, 'His-' meaning 'Bill' and '-ler'
> meaning 'Gate'.

And suddenly 'portam' and 'ler' are the same word.
The circle is complete.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.