GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Console Called The Phantom"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/01/03 at 18:40
Regular
look in the news article in special reserve a new console is being mad which is supposed to be broadband only.
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
"me smart, u dork bi"
This is probaly a mock-up or otherwise a prototype has anybody actually seen any ps2 prototypes they are HUGE, and the dreamcast and saturn ones are the size of a pc!!!. Technology evolves ,if this console is true then it will be smaller, lighter, and more efficient(ps1 for example). Just play the waiting game now
Sat 25/01/03 at 20:53
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> That comment jussst had to be thrown in, rite Mav?

I said it was a BAD point Mantis.
Sat 25/01/03 at 01:05
Regular
This console is about as real as Elton John's hair
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:58
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> . Just like the X-Box will (that's what stupid Edge said anyway).

That comment jussst had to be thrown in, rite Mav? Stick the boot in, then try and cover it up. :P
Fri 24/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I think its a load of rubbish to be honest. Its hard to contemplate how huge this things gonna be. Just compare the XBox controller with the XBox, the machine is considerable bigger, but compare the supposed, 'Phantom' and its controller (XBox rip-off).. its ridiculous! That machine is looks HUUUUGE! there is no was any company in their right mind would release a console that huge, call me a hypocrite for owning an Xbox, but this thing looks absolutely massive!!!!!

I may be wrong, and this machine might be true.. but if it is, then that company is positively BONKERS!
Fri 24/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
That sux
Fri 24/01/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
So, a console where everything has to be downloaded (broadband essential then), that costs 400 - 600, and that will not be aimed at the mainstream...oh yes I want one of those please :P

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
"me smart, u dork bi"
It's a console running on a modified Linux OS so all linux games could possibly downloaded it has no physical drive (e.g cd/dvd drive) so games would probally be stored on a hard-drive. Expect this to be a more 'Hardcore' console like the neo-geo rather than mainstrem one's like the xbox gamecube and the other one:).prices have been discussed on other forums expect about a £400-£600 price with the games being charged on a pay-per-play basis. Hope this helps anybody out. One more thing this could quite possibly be the Indrema project which was abandanded last year.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:41
Regular
The Panasonic 3DO. A console that failed. Just like the Dreamcast. Just like the X-Box will (that's what stupid Edge said anyway).

Stupid stupid Edge. Buy GamesTM.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Unretired"
Aparently it plays PC games. So, its just a gimmick really. This really is a PC in a box!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.