GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Immersed in Pikmin....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pikmin'.
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:15
Regular
Things are starting to get just a little beyond a joke now.

Pikmin is quite literally, taking over my life. I took the day off school today to sit and play with the little blighters, and I barely stopped throughout the day. So that was me, up at 8am, until about 6pm, just sitting around getting these little colourful creatures to collect spaceship parts for me, kill annoying enemies for me, and just generally do anything I want them to do.

I have now completed the game twice, once with 28 ship parts in the 30 days, and the second with all the ship parts in 24 days. I'm probably going to end up completing it another few times too, just to see a.) how many Pikmin I can get throughout a 30 day period, and b.) see the quickest amount of days I can complete it in.

I am loving Challenge Mode too, which is excellent fun, and very addictive. ("Just one more go, please - I'll beat my previous score"). Challenge Mode rocks, and I now have 5 scores for each of the areas, which may well be referred to as 'sad'. I'd like to hear some of the scores other people have got on this, for each of the areas, to see how I compare. Lets hear yer scores! Challenge Mode rocks, and I now have 5 scores for each of the areas, which may well be referred to as 'sad'.

I'm addicted to Pikmin - I'm getting scared.

Has anyone else become immersed in the little monkeys, or am I just the one sad and deranged idiot who fantasises over red, blue and yellow plant-like creatures that I am God to? Hope not.

Well, that's enough mindless rambling from me about nothing in particular - I'm off to play Pikmin.
Wed 29/01/03 at 17:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Solskjær wrote:
> But how the hell do you kill those seagul-type things that pop out of
> the ground and pick-off your Pikmin like worms??
> I managed to do that Beetle-thing well, but I'm having trouble with
> all-three of these things.

---

Get about 50 Red Pikmin (watch out when you're crossing the bridge, as some may fall in if you aren't careful enough), and try to always get them behind the large bird. Avoid the two birds at the start of the clearing, and move over near to the water, where you'll find the bird that conceals the ship part. Yeah, as I said, always try to get behind him, and throw your Pikmin when he's just popping out of the ground - this way, some may land on his head, and this does him a lot more damage. After you've killed this bird, quickly jump off the side of this cliff (leaving the Reds) and get some Blue Pikmin (enough to carry the space part). Then they can just go back through the water to get the ship part back more quickly and efficiently.

Hope that helped. :-)
Tue 28/01/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I bought this game a few months back, but I didn't really get around to playing it properly untill a-week-or-two-ago.

Now I've got through 10 days, and have a total of 10 Ship Parts.
And I'm loving this game!

But how the hell do you kill those seagul-type things that pop out of the ground and pick-off your Pikmin like worms??
I managed to do that Beetle-thing well, but I'm having trouble with all-three of these things.
I did manage to knock-down their health quite a bit (somehow!) with the red Pikmin, but they soon get eaten-up. I even tried yellow Pikmin with the bomb-rocks, but even they did nothing!

Someone help me out here - PLEASE!

I also find it VERY-hard to believe that that guy who sent that photo into NGC a few issues back actually went through the whole game without losing even a single Pikmin! :P
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:11
Regular
Hacker problems, unfortunately. Anyway, I think I'll be getting Pikmin quite soon then.
Sun 26/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Strafex wrote:
> WHat happened to Whitestripes?

---

He wanted banned, so he repeatedly posted the same message over and over in FOG (Chat) until SR got the message.
Sun 26/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> Pikmin with spears and swords and tanks and stuff.
>

That would be funny........

Was going to buy trhis off Cookie Monster.......but then......

Anyhoo.

I shall buy it if its cheap.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:03
Regular
WHat happened to Whitestripes?
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That was wholy unnecessary.
So was this.
How strange.
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:29
Regular
Wow.. I'll get it for £17.99 so I can PLAY it then.
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:06
Regular
JC941:D wrote:
> What happens in the bad ending?

***who ever doesnt want to know look away now***

if i remember the old capt faints and the pikmin pick him up and take him to an onion and he gets sucked in and sprouted out as a lil pikmin, its magic, u just have to see it.
Sat 25/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'd say it's worth £154.97.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.