GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X -Box Region Free?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/01/02 at 10:42
Regular
There have been a lot of rumors going around that say the X-Box will be able to play NTSC games without anykind of add on or chip. It is also said that when you get the DVD add on with the remote it will also let you play import DVDs from anywhere. Is this true and are there anymore rumors going round?
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:45
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
there u go then, i knew someone would do it, especially as the dvd region x has becoem very popular as a ps2 accessorie
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:42
looks like there wil be a DVD (region X) available for £19.99 which will make it region free this site states it will ba available 14/3
Mon 28/01/02 at 21:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
144 wrote:
> I've seen the box of this console and it has the words PAL written on it so that
> means that the X box is not region free though it doesnt look like well see crap
> conversion like on the Playstation 2.

thank you for paying no attention.

The Xbox can be used to play US dvds... u need to buy a us dvd remote apparantly.

Sonic
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:18
Regular
I've seen the box of this console and it has the words PAL written on it so that means that the X box is not region free though it doesnt look like well see crap conversion like on the Playstation 2.
Mon 28/01/02 at 16:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
hmmmmmmmmmmm...

That would be really good if it actually happens but i dont think £35 is enough FOR MICROSOFT per region.. They'll ask for more....
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:49
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
that's not a bad idea, but would cost a lot depending on what regions you want especailly at £35 for each remote, you shoudl wait a while i bet someone will do the same as ps2 dvd region x for it
Sun 27/01/02 at 23:42
Regular
Cool, so all you need is the American Remote and you can play Region one DVDs? cool :D
Wed 23/01/02 at 11:24
yeah as far as i know this is official news, as my user name says i import the things and i have phoned microsoft xbox support line to verify this.

I would suspect that games will not run all teritory, which is a shame but iam sure a modification will be avilalbe to solve this problem if u really want to.

any questions feel free to mail me
Bobdefish85 @ hotmail.com
Tue 22/01/02 at 09:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Oh well, I have my PS2 with region-x so I dont really want to be bothered with the remote for the X-Box.
Tue 22/01/02 at 09:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Nah... he was only talking about films?

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.