GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The GBA doesn't light up my life!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/01/03 at 20:40
Regular
The GBA is great piece of kit. but i was disappointed to find out that it didn't have a backlit screen. But I do understand that Nintendo didn't put one in because they wanted to save battery life and get more hours of play. This was a good descision, because previous handheld consoles have failed because they did not give enough hours of play (eg. the Sega Gamegear). Anyway I have tried different types of lights and each one of them gives glare, which i don't like. Today I was searching through some magazines and i came across an advert for the "Afterburner Internal Light System". I want to buy one of these and install it into my GBA but I have no experience at all with electronics. Have any of you lot bought one of these and installed it yourselves? If so, did you find it hard and do you think that someone with no electronic experience will be able to install one successfully without messing up the GBA and by doing so destroying the warrenty? Got any tips on installing it? I need advice!
Mon 27/01/03 at 18:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Microchips wrote:
> For £30 more, you get the GBASP. Problem solved!

Then that's thirty squids down the drain, isn't it.
You could buy a game or two with that.
Mon 27/01/03 at 18:01
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Microchips wrote:
> For £30 more, you get the GBASP. Problem solved!
>
> :D

There's an article about the GBASP here:

http://www.game.uk.com/newstemplate.asp?news_id=5419

With an annoying man holding one too. *sigh*
Mon 27/01/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ab + Fitting from Portable Gamer (Xyramax) costs about £50. This includes, over time, dust creepage, Trapezium effect, battery life is a no-no, and other problems.

For £30 more, you get the GBASP. Problem solved!

:D
Mon 27/01/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Two things to do:

1) Get it fitted from Afterburner. It'll cost more but at least you'll get piece of mind knowing that they've done a professional job, or

2) Wait for the GBA SP to be released on 28/03/02 which has a built in light and looks much sexier. It'll cost around £80...
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:40
The GBA is great piece of kit. but i was disappointed to find out that it didn't have a backlit screen. But I do understand that Nintendo didn't put one in because they wanted to save battery life and get more hours of play. This was a good descision, because previous handheld consoles have failed because they did not give enough hours of play (eg. the Sega Gamegear). Anyway I have tried different types of lights and each one of them gives glare, which i don't like. Today I was searching through some magazines and i came across an advert for the "Afterburner Internal Light System". I want to buy one of these and install it into my GBA but I have no experience at all with electronics. Have any of you lot bought one of these and installed it yourselves? If so, did you find it hard and do you think that someone with no electronic experience will be able to install one successfully without messing up the GBA and by doing so destroying the warrenty? Got any tips on installing it? I need advice!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.