GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOAX Volleyball to save Xbox in Japan?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball'.
Mon 27/01/03 at 17:59
Regular
From C&VG.com:

Tecmo's Xbox "sports" title, Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball, has rocketed to the top of the Japanese charts after impressive day one sales. The top-heavy title shifted 72,881 in its first day at retail, beating of the challenge of Armored Core 3 on PS2, which sold 67,119 units.
This makes DOAX Volleyball the fastest selling Xbox title ever in Japan, which will bring cheer to developer Tecmo, whose Dead or Alive 3 is also the biggest selling Xbox title overall in Japan, with 154,906 units sold. But to add a little perspective, this pales in comparison to the millions already shifted by Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire on GBA.

And while the shock revelation that sex sells sinks in, it will be interesting to see what impact the title will have on struggling sales of Xbox hardware in the Far East.

- - - - - - -

Hopefully this game will help lift sales of the Xbox, and with Live launched along with PSO 1+2, maybe Xbox will start to look a bit more lively over there.

Thoughts?
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> Its looking a great game - I'm not saying it is instantly the best
> because as a gamer, I've yet to play it and see for sure.
>
> Agreed. I'd certainly like to play it. But it doesn't seem to be
> incorporating many new ideas.
>
> But the point is, don't be so quick to laugh at it when you don't
> know
> much about it. :-)
>
> I laughed because my friend took this statement seriously. Whether
> it's the best RPG or not, you just can't trust a statement like that
> from the PR division.
>
> I mean - they would say that, wouldn't they? It's stupid.

i agree with Savatt78 the game dose look promising
Thu 06/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Its looking a great game - I'm not saying it is instantly the best
> because as a gamer, I've yet to play it and see for sure.

Agreed. I'd certainly like to play it. But it doesn't seem to be incorporating many new ideas.

> But the point is, don't be so quick to laugh at it when you don't know
> much about it. :-)

I laughed because my friend took this statement seriously. Whether it's the best RPG or not, you just can't trust a statement like that from the PR division.

I mean - they would say that, wouldn't they? It's stupid.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:04
Regular
er-no wrote:
> As well as crap crap rubbish 'You need to spend just under £100
> quid to get it working on the XBox'. Microsoft are fag's.
>
> Still.. Morrowind is nice.

Except that its Sega that have introduced the price, NOT Microsoft. The $8.95 goes straight to Sega. MS see none of it.
Thu 06/02/03 at 00:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mantis wrote:
> Everything in the GC version of PSO is in the Xbox version. Aswell as
> added online benifits from XboxLive ie voice chat, buddy lists.

As well as crap crap rubbish 'You need to spend just under £100 quid to get it working on the XBox'. Microsoft are fag's.

Still.. Morrowind is nice.
Thu 06/02/03 at 00:33
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> Everything in the GC version of PSO is in the Xbox version. Aswell as
> added online benifits from XboxLive ie voice chat, buddy lists.

No it's not, Cube gets some exclusive stuff that won't be in any other version. Don't ask me what it is, I really don't care.
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:15
Regular
It's all I've heard you say

Scars
Get married

Yay
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually, its not Peter Molyneux whose making Fable. Big Blue Box are. All Peter is doing is providing the publicity for the game.

And I don't remember saying that scars are the sole reason to get a game. But they sure help to add an extra touch to things when combined with plenty of other content.
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:05
Regular
Populous and Black & White were his creations, also billed as revolutionary and ground breaking ect.

Both were crap, esspecially Black & White.

If getting scars is your idea of a good game, you're an idiot, or a Shenmue fan.

Actually, it sounds a lot like Shenmue.
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Everything in the GC version of PSO is in the Xbox version. Aswell as added online benifits from XboxLive ie voice chat, buddy lists.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Lol. Lionhead Studios recently announced "Fable is going to be
> the best RPG ever. Fact.". I laughed when a friend showed me
> this.

Why laugh ? For all you know it could be. With all the information being released about the game and what you'll be able to do, it doesn't seem like such a far fetched statement.
I don't know of any RPG's that do the same things as what Fable is looking to do. Rather than just following the usual hero to be storyline, its upto you to develop your character and decide wether you're going to be good or evil.
Then of course there are the other details like your character growing older, scars showing, characters leading their own individual lives throughout the game, etc.

Its looking a great game - I'm not saying it is instantly the best because as a gamer, I've yet to play it and see for sure.
But the point is, don't be so quick to laugh at it when you don't know much about it. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.