GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better Xbox or PS2........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/01/03 at 16:27
Regular
My freind reckons xbox is better because of its graphics and gameplay....
I reckon PS2 is better because apart from Halo it has better games and realism.
Can any1 help me out....?
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:06
Regular
"neegroe"
The good good reason that xbox might be better than ps2 is that they have a built in harddrive where as a memory costing quite a bit of money has to be bought for the ps2. So I now agree that xboxs are pritty decent and there is a fair amount of compotition between them both.
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:47
"For the horde!!!!"
Nebuchan_fan wrote:
>
> Subaru is a prime example of a narrow minded moron.

lol guess that comferms what you said Nebuchan_fan
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Party Hard"
Subaru wrote:
> I think that ps2 is also much better than the tacky xbox because it
> does a lot more things and is alot slickerand run much better and it
> is really sad that microsoft had to lower the price of the xbox as
> soon as it came out to even compete with sony's ps2

Subaru is a prime example of a narrow minded moron. Your post might have actually meant something useful if it had explained WHY the Ps2 was better than the X-box. And "because it does a lot more things and is alot slickerand run much better and it is really sad that microsoft had to lower the price of the xbox as soon as it came out to even compete with sony's ps2" is not a good reason.

I don't own an X-box, but i think they are decent consoles (Shock! Horror! Yes, a PS2 owner really does like an X-box!) and i think they're just as good as any other console. Until anyone gives me a good reason not to like them I will continue saying that the X-box is well worth a purchase. And that reason must be backed up with RELIABLE evidence.
Sun 02/02/03 at 20:29
Regular
"neegroe"
I think that ps2 is also much better than the tacky xbox because it does a lot more things and is alot slickerand run much better and it is really sad that microsoft had to lower the price of the xbox as soon as it came out to even compete with sony's ps2
Wed 29/01/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Party Hard"
Well, i just think all this 'My console is better than your console' rubbish is down to people being too narrow minded. They have one console, and that means that all other consoles should be insulted, beaten and burnt until they finally fade away. But it doesn't...

When will people learn that consoles are just machines that display an interactive picture on a television screen? They're not some kind of symbol of respect or power- they're just for the odd bit of entertainment for when you're bored. In my view, people who continue to taunt others with lines like "My PS2's much better than your crappy GC because it looks cooler" (A real line i actually heard someone say)are extremely sad losers.

This message goes out to one Matthew Donnison (Who i know reads these forums, although never posts anything)- Put the joypad down. Take a step out of your bedroom door. Take a long, deep breath, and go find a life...
Wed 29/01/03 at 15:53
"For the horde!!!!"
i prefer the PS2
Wed 29/01/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I actually own PS2 and Gamecube. I have been finding recently that I have bought more GC titles because they have been the games that I have wanted. I have also been buying cross platform titles for the GC rather than the PS2 because of a couple of reasons.

1. I have got used to the GC controller and actually find it more comfortable and more responsive than the PS2 controller - though it comes down to personal preference.(The games were Tony Hawk 4 and Rocky)

2. I have bought a couple of multiplayer games (Timesplitters 2 and Fifa 2003) and the GC is better suited as we have four controllers already. simple enough reason...
Wed 29/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
Before anyone takes any more digs about stoopid fanboys having console war topics, I own all three :D
Wed 29/01/03 at 11:19
"Darkness, always"
I think it's safe to say thatif I owned either a PS2 or an XBOX, I would have a number of games to play on.

I only own a GameCube because, for me, there are more of them. Everybody is different, and yet so many of us are unfortunately the same.
Wed 29/01/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
That's the point though Ros - It isn't money down the drain.

Ok there may be jealousy because Little Johnny can't play Halo where his best mate can but his best mate can't play Vice City, but we have to educate them to know that they are being plonkers I suppose.

It's our duty to show them that they are being silly by trying to say my ones better than yours.

Each of the big three has some damn fine games and whichever one you have you should enjoy it and get the most out of it - also you can't fail to notice how many of the top games are being released across all formats anyway - Timesplitters, Fifa2003 (don't laugh - it's actually quite good !), Tony Hawks, Rocky, Soul Calibur etc etc. The lack of exclusivity actually renders these console wars topics more obselete as you can play the top games whatever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.