GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My final requiem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/01/03 at 21:02
Regular
I'm bored. That's my final statement, my leaving speech. I've had enough of the forums. Not because I don't like games, because I do. I just feel I'm growing up. Probably stupid hormones, probably my intellect evolving if you like. I've taken a new approach to things, but the fact is I've had enough of being a boring person debating boring statistics, statements and facts on an internet forum. When I first came here, the forums were a place of intellectual debate. Now they're a place of desecration, full of crap and nine year olds who find it funny to talk absolute nonsense. I've had enough. I'm sure to the few members old and wise enough to care, this might be a shame, because I'm one of the few people left on the forums who can string together a complex sentence. <-- see?

But I'm not going down without a big long rant. Oh no no no. A rant about this, a rant about that. The forums have something to say about videogames. What do they say? Well, videogames are evolving, the tides are changing. Older people are more into videogames and I can accept this fact. That doesn't mean that I'm not growing out of videogames, because I fear I am. I don't have the passion about them I used to, I just don't care anymore. Sure, I'm looking forward to Zelda and Metroid, and to a certain extent Counter Strike 2003. That's it though. I remember the 'good old days' as I liked to remember them as, when I would spend every waking moment thinking about videogames. Now, that was a waste of time, money and thought. I've had enough.

Call me callous in my youth, call me avaricious because I don't want to waste my money on games, but that's not true. Games bore me now, I'm tired of seeing the same old crap getting churned out year after year. Do you immature little people (non immature people excluded, of course) want some advice? Get a life. Videogames aren't the center of the world, and things don't revolve around them. Get some interests. Read a book. Write a book. That's what I'm doing. And you want to know what? I'm losing my interest in videogames.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:44
"possibly impossible"
Each to their own, really. I can't stand any of this Nu-metal stuff, but others love it, for instance. Fine. Other people like Will Young, but it doesn't mean I have to kill them.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:18
Regular
"¬_¬"
To me, saying Nirvana are the best, is worse than any insult you could conjure up. Take your 'I'm proud I'm different' gribbly wannabeness elsewhere. Grrrrr.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
½pint wrote:
> Sylphetic wrote:
> I'm gay, but ½pint's right - Kamelot are the best.
>
> True.

Oww... That hurts man. I was just joking... Yes, Kamelot are extremely good, but I don't believe you have to insult me, even though I am a newbie without an anti-stick mechanism... Oh and pb? Foo Fighters... Dave Grohl is a f******* drum player! Yes, I have their album + t-shirt, but the Foo's are a little... Lame. I like what Queens of the Stone Age are doing, especially the drumer... Oh yeah, he's Dave Grohl.

No offence meant pb, and I like the foo fighters a lot.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:05
Regular
"¬_¬"
Sylphetic wrote:
> I'm gay, but ½pint's right - Kamelot are the best.

True.
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:16
"possibly impossible"
Sylphetic wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> Nirvana are dead. Better get Foo Fighters.
>
>
> Damn write.

Damn right.

(well, if you can't beat them....try a bigger stick)
Mon 10/02/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Bicycle"
½pint wrote:
> Nirvana reign supreme. Better than all.

Damn write.
Wed 05/02/03 at 17:05
Regular
"¬_¬"
Kamelot reign supreme. Better than all.

Melodic Power Metal for the people!
Wed 05/02/03 at 07:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
Damn. Why do all the good writers grow out of games? It's these forums ARE (and have been for several months now) being degrading by posts from younger, or less intelligent kids, who HAVE yet to learn the beauty of things like women, and, as you said, books. Oh and music. And playing music. And web-design. And the joy of making some useless kid feel so incredibly self perplexed that they fall into a heap of self-conscious insecurity which festers over their web interest and then soon seeps into their personal life, devoiding all hope of them getting a so-called "life".

Oh and by the way? Kamelot are not the best. Get Elastica. Or Trent Steel or The Distillers.

[--Sylphetic--]

(PS- You knew me once Half Pint, I was Prawn Star...)
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:07
Games are more than just pass times they are the modern noble art of warfare. Pit yourself against the latest snot nosed gimp from across the pond or hair triggered mid european with too little respect for fellow humans and an inferiourity complex (no offense russia and minor states) It all adds up to hours of taunting and 0wning madness how could you possibly leave?
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:20
Regular
It was within the last year I realised that games are only games.

And there was I thinking I'd never grow up...

No need to leave the forums though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.