GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX SUCKS"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
XBOX SUCKS
Page:
Sun 17/02/02 at 15:03
Why could anyone say that a machine such as the Xbox could suck???

It Defies belief!!!

Here i have a console that plays many of my favourite games from the pc, without the overbearing price tag that it comes with!!!

One problem is that Microsoft now have the gaming world in a stranglehold. The make Pcs, they make Pc games, they make the xbox, which very soon will dominate the market!!

Microsoft need to step down a gear before they put all of the other independent retailers out of action!!

THEYRE KILLING THE MARKET!!!!!
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
bigsteve2k187 wrote:
The make Pcs,
> they make Pc games, they make the xbox, which very soon will dominate the
> market!!

they dont make PC's, they make the software that comes with most PC's sold, but they dont actually make PC's.
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:58
XBOX PS2 Gamecube
Cpu 733Mhz 300Mhz 485Mhz
Graphics processor 233Mhz 150Mhz 162Mhz
Total Memory 64MB 32MB 32MB
Polygon Performance 116.5M/Sec 66M/Sec 12M/Sec
Built in hard drive Yes No No
Audio Channels 256 48 64
Dolby Surround Sound Yes No No
Broadband internet Yes Add-On Add-On
connection
DVD movie playback Add-On Yes No
HDTV support in games Yes No No
Controller ports 4 2 4

Plus the 8GB Hard Drive saves people a hell of a lot of money because PS2 memory cards are 8MB so it's one thousand memory cardsbuilt into the machine saving £3000
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hurrah !
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Rob_The_Man wrote:
Plus the 8GB Hard
> Drive saves people a hell of a lot of money because PS2 memory cards are 8MB so
> it's one thousand memory cardsbuilt into the machine saving £3000

Actually it only has 562.5 8mb memory cards built in, or 4.5Gb in actually size. The other 3.5Gb is not accesable to the user, as this is used by the games for caching like in Halo.
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:31
You can dribble on about you specs and figures, but the fact of the matter is NINTENDO = fun!

Bill Gates could buy out the games industry. He's loaded! However, he doesn't know the first thing about the "gaming world"

Nintendo have had years of experience, you can say that Xbox is better but I bet everyone of you in this forum played Goldeneye and LOVED the mulitplayer. Ninentendo means quality.

I own a playstation, N64 and dreamcast! I never played the Dreamcast and PSX as much as I did my N64. This is because I wan't enjoyment, not thrilling!

However, When I was faced with the decision to either get a PSX 2 , Xbox or Cube, money wasn't an option! Christmas and my birthday has passed and I had £400 to spend on any console I wished. My first instinct was to go for Nintendo. I could have spent £300 on an xbox, I could have bought a PSX2, but I have decided to wait until the Cube is released on May 3rd.

I know that when I spend my money on that system, every penny will be worth parting with!

This is why I am buying a cube, and I am 18!

A mature student who wants fun from his console, and he knows he's going to get it!

Back to the cube forum for me,

GAMECUBE ROCKS!

Sinfield
Sat 23/02/02 at 15:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah Nintendo have years of experience - didn't stop Sony pasting them though did it.

Overall, I don't care which company "wins". I'm a games player. I don't care if Mr Sony pulled in £5 more than Mr Nintendo on the 23rd November.

I think this taking sides stuff is utter crap. Its a sad arguement not much higher than "my dad can beat up your dad".

Of course not everyone can afford all the consoles, but its simple people, just bloody pick one and be happy ! Don't go around stamping on every other console just because you wanna make sure you picked the right one.

Everyones entitled to their opinion and not everyone will like everything. But theres a difference between showing your opinion on something and getting bitchy about it, belittling everyone who wants that particular console.

When it comes to new consoles, I won't always think much of one, but I don't go around making 50 subjects about how crap it is.

If you don't like the X-Box, fine, don't buy it. Theres probably more "X-Box sucks" subjects on these forums then theres ever been on any subject. Theres no need to create new ones everyday ! Most of these seem to be started by Nintendo fans that "aren't worried". The fact that so much attention goes into slating the X-Box kinda shows quite the opposite.

Personally, I like Nintendo. I also like Sony and I'm really looking forward to Microsoft's entrance into the console market. Out of the 3 consoles though, Gamecube looks to be the one with the least titles on it that I'm looking forward to. I want Rogue Leader, but other than that I'll be waiting for Nintendo to come up with some other titles.

Right now though, I'm looking forward to the X-Box. Can't wait to get playing on Halo in particular. :-)
Sat 23/02/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah Nintendo have years of experience - didn't stop Sony pasting them though
> did it.

Overall, I don't care which company "wins". I'm a games
> player. I don't care if Mr Sony pulled in £5 more than Mr Nintendo on the
> 23rd November.

I think this taking sides stuff is utter crap. Its a sad
> arguement not much higher than "my dad can beat up your dad".

Of
> course not everyone can afford all the consoles, but its simple people, just
> bloody pick one and be happy ! Don't go around stamping on every other console
> just because you wanna make sure you picked the right one.

Everyones
> entitled to their opinion and not everyone will like everything. But theres a
> difference between showing your opinion on something and getting bitchy about
> it, belittling everyone who wants that particular console.

When it comes to
> new consoles, I won't always think much of one, but I don't go around making 50
> subjects about how crap it is.

If you don't like the X-Box, fine, don't buy
> it. Theres probably more "X-Box sucks" subjects on these forums then
> theres ever been on any subject. Theres no need to create new ones everyday !
> Most of these seem to be started by Nintendo fans that "aren't
> worried". The fact that so much attention goes into slating the X-Box
> kinda shows quite the opposite.

Personally, I like Nintendo. I also like
> Sony and I'm really looking forward to Microsoft's entrance into the console
> market. Out of the 3 consoles though, Gamecube looks to be the one with the
> least titles on it that I'm looking forward to. I want Rogue Leader, but other
> than that I'll be waiting for Nintendo to come up with some other
> titles.

Right now though, I'm looking forward to the X-Box. Can't wait to
> get playing on Halo in particular. :-)

*Bravo*

That's just summed it up for me.

Something was written by a columnist for Edge a couple months ago that read;

"...But the whiny Microsoft-hating adolescents aren't going to accept it, they want a world where operating systems are designed by Nintendo, that only boot up if your on first name terms with Shigeru..."

Can't but help feel that RedEye has hit the nail on the head. If only he frequented these forums...
Sun 24/02/02 at 19:42
Regular
"699 days!"
I'd just like to say a couple of things...

Throughout the entirity of this thread people have said the N64 was pasted and demolished etc. The DC was this, the N64 wasn't. It controlled on average throughout its lifetime 26% of the market, PSX about 50%. OK it wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as say DC has done.
On the controller, yes whoever said that it doesn't matter because its all about your own hand size, fair enough. But i you look on average, more people on these forums as a whole and that I know in the 'real world' rate the GC as the best of the three pads, and the XBox as the worst. I agree personally, but as there are no right or wrong answers in the end, don't say its rubbish.
I have a GC, and have been highly impressed. Super Smash in particular shines with fun and playability. However being a gaming enthusiast as most people are on these forums I am considering the XBox for my b-day. In the end although I find Ninty and Rare as a partnership make great games which I will continue to enjoy, denying yourself all the best games by being biased is not the right way to go. Halo is outstanding, and there are other games I would like to play as well. If you know about PB's army of the free gamer, you'll know what I'm talking about. So although I acknowledge the biased opinion on this and the other forums, in the end I'll probably end up owning all three, simply because they all have pluses, all have good games and all are worth enjoying.
That was a bit more than a couple, wasn't it? Sorry :-)
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I mean, I'm not saying everyone should love every console at the same level as they love games (no matter how crappy)in their reviews when their going for GAD.

I just think people should be a bit more open minded rather than just blindly running to the defence of their favourite companies.

You'll get people that just refuse to acknowledge mistakes that say Nintendo have made in the past. Again, just an example, not trying to get a dig in at Nintendo.
I was a bit cautious about the X-Box at first, obviously with it being a new company coming into the picture.

But when I took a proper look at the console, I really liked it and being the games junky I am, games like Halo were just too much for me not want one. ;-))

Plus I love playing games online, so this console will be great for that too.

I mean, jokes and stuff about other consoles will pop up and at times it can be a laugh. Its just when you look in a forum and 80% of it is verbal punch ups over which console rules while the other suck in its wake, it just gets boring to the extent of irritation.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.