GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE 3 ON PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 11:17
Regular
does anyone think shenmue 3 will be on the ps2 cause the ps2 is more popular?
Fri 18/01/02 at 21:37
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Check the Life.. forum.
Fri 18/01/02 at 21:36
why is this person banned
Fri 18/01/02 at 21:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
144 wrote:
> I thought that Sega actually act as normal publishers do, they tell the
> developers what console to develop games for maybe I was wrong but those
> development teams are still under Sega and Sega still has the rights to the
> games they make and also Sega has some control over them maybe less than most
> publishers have over their developers.

No, the development teams are totally independant to make their own choices, although they are still owned by Sega Enterprise.

Sonic
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:52
Regular
I thought that Sega actually act as normal publishers do, they tell the developers what console to develop games for maybe I was wrong but those development teams are still under Sega and Sega still has the rights to the games they make and also Sega has some control over them maybe less than most publishers have over their developers.
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, I disagree thta Sega has a grudge...

Like I said, Sega has been split into 10 development teams who are now COMPLETELY FREE to do as they wish. This means that they can develop for a console they want to, and not just the low user base Sega consoles they've been forced onto. It also allows the departments to control their own budgets and resources- surely a good thing for them.

Thanks to that, my 2 favourite games designers ever, Miyamoto and Naka, have been able to work together on game based projects (notably the GC internet connection service)... and, if anything, Sonic Team is happy with this.

Other departments also seem to be happy. AM2 can finally target the massmarket audience it deserves, Smilebit can produce truely brillinat games on the GC, and other departments can tailor games to their own wishes.

It's a great time for Sega... the only people who are losing out are publishers like EA who failed to support the DC, and now find themselves in direct competition with Sega on all markets!

Sonic
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:43
Regular
Fory wrote:
> I read somewhere, on a shenmue site or something, that it is impossible for
> Shenmue to come to PS2. the ps2 isn't as powerful as the dreamcast in one aspect
> don't know how though.

Thats probably an excuse not to port the game over to the Playstation 2, look at the games coming out on all three consoles this year for example Soul Calibur 2 and the Playstation 2 seems to handle the games quite well though the X box version is graphically superior. So I dont think that the Playstation 2 cannot do what the X box does only that the X box does it better.
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:39
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Actually, 144, I slightlyu misunderstood what you said there... back to what you
> said...

Yes, I think you misunderstood my post, I was actually talking about the relationship between Sega and the other three companies, Sony; Nintendo and MS. And like you said they put a lot of work on their consoles so it doesnt look like they like any of the three companies mentioned and also with games on all three consoles and some exclusive on each they make a lot of profit.

I'm also sure that those games that are exclusives have been secured through highly priced deals as Sega is the publisher no matter how many developing teams they own and it is the one that does all the stuff that has to do with money and which console is going to get which game.

Anyway they probably deserve the loads of cash their getting, I dont think there will be a Sega console for a long time as they seem to be doing better as publishers than console manufacterers.

Also its a dog eat dog business world so I'm sure like every firm in the world Sony, MS and Nintendo must be very careful doing business with Sega as thats how their relationship is no friendship though I still think that Sega has a grudge against Sony and Nintendo but they have to keep it aside to make as much money as they can, thats why the comaprison with Hitler's strategy to power. You also said the look set to be the 2nd largest publisher so this looks like they have or will have a very large influence and power in the games industry.
Fri 18/01/02 at 18:42
I read somewhere, on a shenmue site or something, that it is impossible for Shenmue to come to PS2. the ps2 isn't as powerful as the dreamcast in one aspect don't know how though.

Also the controller just doesn't fit, i mean you need a rudder to run, the 2 buttons don't seem to work as good
Fri 18/01/02 at 18:38
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
Hey someone who actualy know's why the DC was so good.

Sonic consider you my new friend.

Dunno if thats a good thing or not?
Fri 18/01/02 at 14:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually, 144, I slightlyu misunderstood what you said there... back to what you said...

Sega are FAR more loyal to its gamers than Sony are to theirs. Ok, the Saturn was a huge failure... but Sega supported it in Japan for over 4 years to appease their fans. They released network adaptors for the console, and had monthly free tournaments in their arcades!

With the DC, Sega PROVED how committed it was to gamers by producing dozens of quality games every year... making it the biggest developer on the planet (it's set to be the 2nd biggest publisher by 2003 as well).

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.