GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favorite bands"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
We all have one. One band/group/single artist whose music we never tire of hearing.

So who is yours?

Answer honestly now!

We won't make fun of you if you were sad steps split up (ha ha)

to start off with my favorite group are PPK. Resurection is my absolutly favorite song at the moment.

Also, don't just go on about spam in this topic.

Its late and we need to do somthing no console related here. Hopefully to lighten the mood.

hopefully.
Thu 17/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
We all have one. One band/group/single artist whose music we never tire of hearing.

So who is yours?

Answer honestly now!

We won't make fun of you if you were sad steps split up (ha ha)

to start off with my favorite group are PPK. Resurection is my absolutly favorite song at the moment.

Also, don't just go on about spam in this topic.

Its late and we need to do somthing no console related here. Hopefully to lighten the mood.

hopefully.
Fri 18/01/02 at 05:46
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Get out and take your post with you. You know this belongs in the Music forum, so why put it here? Sorry, to be so mean though ;)
Fri 18/01/02 at 08:04
Regular
True, it does, but YOU complaining about spam, slave2games, is hypocrisy indeed.

Probably Lifehouse. They rule.
Fri 18/01/02 at 08:26
I am quite a big rock and heavy metal fan and here are my favourites.

Placebo: They are more 'poppy' rock than anything else but just about fit into the category. Brian Molko delivers unforgettable lyrics whilst Stefan and the other guy (can't remember his name!) play along with sombre and sometimes depressing melodies.

Green Day: A little more cheerful approach comes from Billy Joe Armstrong and co. with sometimes hilarious lyrics but songs that are unforgettable. In 1999 their style changed to a harder type of rock, but nonetheless they are still a great band.

Guns N Roses: Axl Rose, Slash, Matt and Dizzy unleash some of the best songs I have ever heard with their excellent guitar playing and memorable vocals by Axl. Slash is considered by many the best guitarist in the world. Unfortunately, they split some time ago but I have learnt that they came back for a reunion tour a few weeks back.

Alkaline Trio: Not many people have actually listened to the Alkaline Trio yet, as they are on an independant record label, but they are sure to make it mainstream if their first album 'From Here To Infirmary' has anything to say about it. These people deserve some recognition and glory for their excellent efforts with singles 'Stupid Kid' and 'Private Eye'.

Citzen
Fri 18/01/02 at 09:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Stryke wrote:
> True, it does, but YOU complaining about spam, slave2games, is hypocrisy
> indeed.

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make here for ages. And yet this sort of thing carries on, heedless.
Fri 18/01/02 at 09:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:
> True, it does, but YOU complaining about spam, slave2games, is hypocrisy
> indeed.

Probably Lifehouse. They rule.

Did I complain about SPAM? No, I merely suggested that this topic be placed in the Music section
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
For me it's Incubus. I've listened to all their albums a thousand times and am still never bored.
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:20
Regular
"I confused?"
The Gorrilaz
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
None of you have peobably ever heard of them but:

VNV Nation (EBM/Darkwave) are my current faves along with:

Mesh (EBM)
Siters of Mercy
The Mission
Paradise Lost

Currently listening to SpineShank
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:27
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:

PPK isn't a group.

PPK is another name for DJ Pimenov, who is a Russian DJ.

Also, how many other tracks by him have you heard? You might not like the rest of his stuff...

But I agree with you, it is a great track. Which version have you got? Out of interest...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.