GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rocky'.
Thu 30/01/03 at 12:45
Regular
I bought OXM yesterday, and it has 6 playable demos from the top games of last year, I guess for people who got an Xbox over Christmas (there's also 7 other, new games)

Anyway, I decided to try the Rocky one out in two player with my flat mate, and it's bloody brilliant! Another flatmate came in and watched us fight, and he got really into it just watching. Much shouting and abuse continued for the next 90 seconds when the round was over. So we played again. And again. And again. And....

Anyway, I want to get the full version, but there's one thing I'm worried about: What's the single player mode like? The multiplayer is spot on, and I guess with 15 three minute rounds it the fights can be hugely entertaining. But I don't really want to spend out £40 for a game that I only play on multiplayer.

Cheers.
Sat 01/02/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
get fable or summit
that game looks like sheer class
Sat 01/02/03 at 19:16
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Maybe Indiana Jones or Battle Engine Aquila.

I wouldn't get BEA if I were you - it's average at best. Indiana Jones would be your best bet.
Sat 01/02/03 at 14:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well looking at my funds over the next couple of months and the games that are on the way, I think I'll claim one of the titles that I want from that list. ;-)

Maybe Indiana Jones or Battle Engine Aquila. :-)
Sat 01/02/03 at 14:09
Regular
Rocky's good, the best boxing game i've ever played but I found it got gets old pretty quickly. As it's boxing there's not mucb variety so I lost intrest and traded it in.

Up to you though, it just didn't really float my boat.
Sat 01/02/03 at 10:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I have a GAD to claim and I'm not sure what to ask for. I'm thinking of either getting something like Rocky, MOH: Frontline or LMA Manager, or waiting for one of the new games in Feb/March time that I want.
Shame I can't claim Steel Battalion. ;-))
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:42
Regular
Shame the developer went under.
Thu 30/01/03 at 21:43
I bought Rocky in Toys'R'Us for £20, dont know if it is still on offer but it is worth a look!
Thu 30/01/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Single player rules.
Best boxing game, bar none.
You take Rocky from the slums of Philly right through all the opponents from all the movies.
Training regimes, movie-cut scenes - the works.

Excellent multi-player value and the single-player is good fun too.
Buy it.
Thu 30/01/03 at 12:45
Regular
I bought OXM yesterday, and it has 6 playable demos from the top games of last year, I guess for people who got an Xbox over Christmas (there's also 7 other, new games)

Anyway, I decided to try the Rocky one out in two player with my flat mate, and it's bloody brilliant! Another flatmate came in and watched us fight, and he got really into it just watching. Much shouting and abuse continued for the next 90 seconds when the round was over. So we played again. And again. And again. And....

Anyway, I want to get the full version, but there's one thing I'm worried about: What's the single player mode like? The multiplayer is spot on, and I guess with 15 three minute rounds it the fights can be hugely entertaining. But I don't really want to spend out £40 for a game that I only play on multiplayer.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.