GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rocky'.
Thu 30/01/03 at 12:45
Regular
I bought OXM yesterday, and it has 6 playable demos from the top games of last year, I guess for people who got an Xbox over Christmas (there's also 7 other, new games)

Anyway, I decided to try the Rocky one out in two player with my flat mate, and it's bloody brilliant! Another flatmate came in and watched us fight, and he got really into it just watching. Much shouting and abuse continued for the next 90 seconds when the round was over. So we played again. And again. And again. And....

Anyway, I want to get the full version, but there's one thing I'm worried about: What's the single player mode like? The multiplayer is spot on, and I guess with 15 three minute rounds it the fights can be hugely entertaining. But I don't really want to spend out £40 for a game that I only play on multiplayer.

Cheers.
Thu 06/02/03 at 22:23
Regular
[screams abuse]

;D
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
People will no doubt scream abuse at me for saying this, but I think the best boxing game I've ever played has to be the Ready 2 Rumble games. Wether or not you like the characters, I think the system was great as you could put together your own combos for as long as the stamina bar lasted. Plus having that bar made you think about when to back off a bit.
If theres anything I'd like from Rocky to be put into the R2R series, its the dodging moves.
I'm hoping a R2R 3 game will be on the way for X-Box. :-)
Wed 05/02/03 at 23:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
The game was really bad. Only good if you like the Rocky series. Still... even that was dragged out and just turned sour. I am all for the original and maybe even the next two... then it hurt to watch. A lot like this game. Novelty wears off and all I ask for is a Danger Mouse game!
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Damn right ! :-)
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
Oh yes, deem a game terrible because you're rubbish at the demo..
Tue 04/02/03 at 00:55
"Lemon eyewash"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I'll blame the game all I want - it remains poo ! :-)

LOL it is true, the ther guy doesn't really give you half a chance, you take one swing which he blocks then unloads a 15 hit combo on you.
Mon 03/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll blame the game all I want - it remains poo ! :-)
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Savatt78 wrote:
At best I
> was getting 2 hit combos in and even they did practically sod all
> damage while 1 punch from Apollo knocked 7 shades of shat off my life
> bar.
---

Dont blame the game because your spakk-handed attempts resulted in a beat-down.
Play better.
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:16
Regular
Bah. Battle Engine Aquilla is decent, Not average!

Rocky is a cool game, Kicks some rear in multiplayer though.
Sat 01/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Fable's a while off yet. ;-) I'm gonna ask for Indiana Jones. Oh and I just tried out Rocky - what a skank pile of tosh !
I was getting smashed by Apollo with merciless combos - problem is, fat mong Rocky was too sluggish to string much together. At best I was getting 2 hit combos in and even they did practically sod all damage while 1 punch from Apollo knocked 7 shades of shat off my life bar.
Thank god for demo disks ! >:-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.