GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Petition to bring back Gamesmaster!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 09:25
Regular
http://www.gamesmastertv.co.uk/

Everyone has got to sign this, there's a note from the producer who makes it sound quite likely as they still own the rights to the show.

Some of you kids may be too young to remember it but it was absolutely hilarious, Dominik Diamond was a fantastic presenter who seemed to get away with anything. Only decent games program we've ever had.
Fri 31/01/03 at 15:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Violet Berlin presents a computer game show on Bravo (Game Pad) - actually haven't seen it for a while, used to be on at 6.30pm, it may have been canned ? - her bleached flat-top has gone by the way, hair is now a sensible brown.
Fri 31/01/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Bartender, thats' right, I rememeber a boxing ring but not much else, even I was young then !
Fri 31/01/03 at 16:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Actually that Thumb-bandits thing was OK, but it was on far too late. It's definitely an after-tea kind of vibe with these programs.
Fri 31/01/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's amazing how there was actually better videogame shows when gaming was considered only for socially-inept, spotty nerds then there is today when it's meant to be cool. I don't think there's any videogame related shows that are any good today:

Game-pad3 is still stuck in about May 2002 reviewing Final Fantasy X

Lan-Jam or whatever is a bunch of little kids smashing their chocolate stained fingers on the joypad hoping in some way that'll beat their rival and if they don't win they sulk in their chair getting ready to burst out in tears when the cameras go off. (Just watch them when they are playing fighting games. The definition of cheesy players right there)

SFG (i think that's its name) on Sci-Fi is alright but there isn't much content.

and i don't remember seeing anything else on any channels so yes indeedy i shall sign the petition to bring the mighty gamesmaster back and preferably with original cast and not some *hilarious, new generation* presenter.
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
The man with no name wrote:
> Violet Berlin presents a computer game show on Bravo (Game Pad) -
> actually haven't seen it for a while, used to be on at 6.30pm, it may
> have been canned ? - her bleached flat-top has gone by the way, hair
> is now a sensible brown.

Its been moved to 3:30PM.
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:29
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Game-pad3 is still stuck in about May 2002 reviewing Final Fantasy X

Thats a bit of an exageration i think, but i know what you mean. They film a series which is really short (something like 10 - 20 shows) and repeat it over and over again. So in about two weeks you have watched the whole series and its gets boring to watch because they are all repeats. Its an OK show but they should make it a regular show, not divided into series'.
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:38
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Bits was the best. 3 lovely - ish ladies and they're talking about games....heaven.

consumer58
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
mothballed wrote:
> Bits was the best. 3 lovely - ish ladies and they're talking about
> games....heaven.
>
> consumer58

Emily Booth - She was nice!
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:45
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Was she the one with pigtails and dodgy teeth?
She was beautiful.

;]
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
mothballed wrote:
> Was she the one with pigtails and dodgy teeth?

Yep!

> She was beautiful.
>
> ;]

She sure was!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.