GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 platinum series."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 07:23
Regular
As any gamer should know, both the X-Box and the GameCube are being released onto the market this year while the PS2 was released almost two years ago. To compete with this, SONY are going to release the first Platinum series with games such as TTT and GT3 likely to be converted. Also, as another bid to compete with it, they will release an internal hardrive, which should be around £103.
Thu 17/01/02 at 21:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
jimmy duck wrote:
> Games cost to much they should all cost less than £20

If all games cost £20, then developers wouldn't get enough money to make other games. It all adds up.

Anyways, the platinum series should be great. With the GC and X-Bon bringing out their games (some of them probably not all that great) at around £40-£50, and Sony with top games like GT3 and probably ZOE, I can see this being another great move for the PS2.
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:21
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I quite fancy one, but I'd like to see what they are going to do with it first
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:14
Regular
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> NOBODY will buy the harddrive.

See thats where you are wrong,because i will be getting one
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:53
Regular
"I confused?"
Games cost to much they should all cost less than £20
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:33
It's nice that Sony decided to save us a lot of space by making the modem internal, but it would be nice to have it like the Japanese version, where the HDD and modem is like a small version PS2, making it look like a skyscraper.

You have to admit, it does look rather cool.
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The Valley Angel wrote:
> But the Broadband modem comes as part of the HDD doesn't it?

Yeap, shure does and the HDD is required for you to be able to plug the modem in to it!!

Though Sony have proposed a possible seperate modem for those who do not wich to purchase the HDD
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:27
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> NOBODY will buy the harddrive.

Too expensive.

People are saving up for the
> 'AMAZING' modem.

But the Broadband modem comes as part of the HDD doesn't it?
Thu 17/01/02 at 13:57
Regular
"699 days!"
DrDragon wrote:
excet fo

sorry, meant 'except for'.
Thu 17/01/02 at 13:56
Regular
"699 days!"
Anything that makes good games cheaper has got to be good news... excet fo Ninty and MS.
Thu 17/01/02 at 12:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
FatButcher wrote:
> So whens the Harddrice and the Modem/Network adaptor coming to us?

About July... I've heard at the same time as FFX!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.