GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime-great, but is it as good as ravenblade could have been?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Fri 31/01/03 at 13:03
Regular
I'm not saying that Metroid isn't a brilliant game, because it obviously is, but when Retro were developing 3 other games which all got cut why did Metroid survive when the screen shots of Ravenblade looked absolutely stunning and M.P's looked pretty poor?
And after Metroid, does anyone know if Ravenblade is going to be continued or will it never see the light of day, which would be a real shame.
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Remember me?"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Just shush about Ravenblade... metroid great. nuff said.

RAVENBLADE! WOOOOOOOOO!

etc
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:15
Regular
Just shush about Ravenblade... metroid great. nuff said.
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Marmighty man"
I'm still hoping for a Ravenblade release, but i'm definitely getting metroid anyway. Maybe Nintendo could've taken over Metroid themselves, might have made it even better!
Sun 02/02/03 at 17:17
At the end of the day, Retro Studios weren't doing great stuff on the three main projects, they were stretched and were coming across other problem. A choice had to be made, three or four dry games, or one really, really good one... So, obvious decision to make then... But which game should survive? Yeah, I wanted Ravenblade to come out too, I wasn't happy when it got canned, had a cool name and I like thise sort of game a lot as well. But if I had to choose, I would have chosen Metroid as well, Retro have done a great job and it's been too long since the SNES Metroid game, suddenly, the chiefs throw in two at a time! Anyhow, yeah it sucks, but I would have rather that than the alternative. Besides from rumours (I acknowledge they may be just that, but still...), I heard that the game (Ravenblade) wasn't shaping up too well, they had hit some developental problems especially with the game engine and framerate. But never mind. Metroid's here soon, I want it! I hope Ravenblade can be made over, but I don't see it happening. I guess I'll wait on FF; Crystal Chronicles as I already have Skies of Arcadia, (mind you, I must say that the Cube is lacking a game in the type of Ravenblade) Mystic Heroes maybe offers a cool alternative in the Dynasty Warriors vein so I'll be checking that out.

"That is your problem. Then I cannot oblige"
Sun 02/02/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Marmighty man"
Dont be silly, it was a hacking of limbs 'tactical' game
Sun 02/02/03 at 12:09
Regular
Raven Blade - wasn't that a tactical shoot 'em up?
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:26
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> I thought he got sacked after the *whispers* Virtual Boy, I can't
> remember where I seen it, but after so many people were being sick the
> told him to gather his Pikmin and find a new garden to live in.....

He left Nintendo... then he died....

Knew it was a bad choice... or maybe Nintendo didn't want their world domination plans to get out...
Sat 01/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Marmighty man"
I need some support here people, calling all bearded sorcerors, I'm starting a petition to get Ravenblade back on track! Post your support now ( i know where your cat lives)
Sat 01/02/03 at 19:03
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Metroid Prime is the best game ever.
>
> The end.

behave! best game ever!?!?!?
whatever!
Sat 01/02/03 at 18:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Metroid Prime is the best game ever.

The end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.