GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims... First impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims - Deluxe Edition'.
Fri 31/01/03 at 16:33
Regular
I have the PC Version (the original) and was wondering about getting this game for the PS2. I read the review in OPSM2 and was pleased with the outcome but also would like a view opinions of first hand impressions, so if anyone has the game could you please post a view comments.

After a while the PC version became a bit dull and repetitive and I hope that the PS2 version lasts a lot longer...

Cheers for any replies.

Why?
Wed 05/02/03 at 20:58
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Where'd you go? I take it you've abandoned MSN :) Haven't seen you on there.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
Hi, i aint seen u for ages, things are fine.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Legendary Link wrote:
> Animal Crossing looks very very good, this could leed me to regreting
> buying this game.

!!

Legendary Link! Haven't seen you for ages, how are things?
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Bobba you"
Why? wrote:
> Think I'll leave it for now, I need something to keep me occupied
> until something decent comes out...

Red Faction 2? 'Tis good.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:41
Good to know guys, my mate got it over the weekend and told me today that its really good but, he dont think it'll last him long as he's nearly finished... And it's getting a bit boring he said...
Think I'll leave it for now, I need something to keep me occupied until something decent comes out...

*Waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting*

Why?
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
Whats that got to do with the sims? Plus Animal Crossings isnt coming out in the UK i dont think, they are making a follow up or something. I don't know,
Sun 02/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
Animal Crossing looks very very good, this could leed me to regreting buying this game.
Sun 02/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
The get a life mode is very good, i'm at level 3 in which u have to throw a raging party.

problem 1- no upstairs, it might not sound much but if you've got/played the PC version u really miss it.

problem 2- AHHH! 1.5 MB per save, this means i can only have one save at a time (memory card space), which means i have not been able to play the sims mode yet.

probelm 3- item limit, meaning u can't set nearly the whole house on fire.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well, I've had a good go at the game now, it's alright, nothing amazing though. Gets boring kinda quickly. I cant play it for long periods of time.
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:02
regulars only hmm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.