GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Monitor vs TV"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 19:39
Regular
I have access to a 21 inch monitor and a 21 inch TV which one has better graphics when playing the ps2 the tv or the monitor, i've heard many people tell me the monitor is better then there are those people who tell me the tv is better, but which one is really better for running a ps2.
Sat 19/01/02 at 03:16
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
i was thinking about the vga thingy for the ps2 as it would be great fo i link games as my monitor and Tv are sorta far apart plus i could use a DC on my other one to gaming heaven :)
Fri 18/01/02 at 23:11
Regular
"es argh"
The thing that annoys me is that my monitor is bigger than my T.V,I only noticed last week. WTF.
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:53
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
bars-tard wrote:
> Once again sonic is right, don't you hate being right all the time?

it's
> cause it's more of a monitor converter on the PS2.

A proper monitor
> connection and a proper signal from the PS2 to the monitor would be well clear.

lol.... well, it comes with experience!

Anyway, the DC monitor set up on Soul Calibur was unbelievable. Due to the way DC copes with anti-aliasing (which is far better than the PS2's method!), all the edges were perfectly sharp, with no jaggies, and you could make out details like the characters nails and blood vessels under their skin!

Pure genius

Sonic
Fri 18/01/02 at 19:11
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
Once again sonic is right, don't you hate being right all the time?

it's cause it's more of a monitor converter on the PS2.

A proper monitor connection and a proper signal from the PS2 to the monitor would be well clear.
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:08
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, the DC had the monitor box that allowed you to use games that had been programmed to on a Monitor. The pictures were far sharper, clearer, and very smooth.

The reason for PS2 games not pulling off as well on monitors is that there's no specific in game programing to change the picture to make optimum output on a monitor, as games like Soul Calibur did.

Sonic
Fri 18/01/02 at 01:22
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
well although my dad said he would prefere to pay for a GC than an X- box i think is due to nintendo being around for god knows how long. although i doubt that i'll ask for either for my birthday.

i want to wait and see for myself how they do first maybe at xmas time i'll ask for one.
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:26
Regular
R2001UK wrote:
>I've got to say that is a bit of a stupid reason as
> the danm thing is gonna be inside the PS2 isn't it?

I think you missed my point, I didnt mean that it is expensive because your buying the logo but because its a Sony product.
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:22
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
lvlägmä Ðrägòón wrote:
> I have access to a 21 inch monitor and a 21 inch TV which one has better
> graphics when playing the ps2 the tv or the monitor, i've heard many people tell
> me the monitor is better then there are those people who tell me the tv is
> better, but which one is really better for running a ps2.

why not try them both and come to your own conclusion
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:22
Regular
144 Wrote:
Sony are known for good quality goods so I reckon that the £40 GB hard Drive will be sold for between £100 and £200 also because your paying for the logo.

I've got to say that is a bit of a stupid reason as the danm thing is gonna be inside the PS2 isn't it?
Personally I won't be getting either the HDD or the network adapter, for now anyway - there's just no reason good enough to make me fork out that much cash for something which is going to be used very little.

Perhaps when we get games like Unreal Tournament 2, GT-N and (please God!) Counter Strike, then I might think about it.
Thu 17/01/02 at 10:27
Regular
FatButcher wrote:
> I'm sure there will be a primium
> for the SONY logo, but if its expensive someone will comeup with an adaptor for
> fitting a standard PC HDD to it, if they haven't already.

Sony are known for good quality goods so I reckon that the £40 GB hard Drive will be sold for between £100 and £200 also because your paying for the logo, for now it looks like the Official Hard Disc Drive is the only one that can work on the Playstation 2 so Sony may want to take advantage of this though they have to be careful as it could be a bad move. And also we (European consumers) pay for most of the costs that Multinational Companies face by High Prices so it could go for £199.99.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.