GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Prepares To Be Killed*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/02/03 at 11:03
Regular
Get this, I don't think Metroid Prime sounds or looks all that. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Start the slaughter...

First of all I hated the SNES original, secondly I hate the GBA's Fusion.

Your this Bounty Hunter who must run from place to place going from room to room (that bit is annoying when the room changes) and you get to shoot enemys once in a while with a blaster. Well woopie doo, this is really great.

Here's the deal, you run to one room on one side of the level your on and then you are told to run to the other side of the level and it continues. It drags, it gets boring, I found nothing special from doing this.

When I first saw Metroid Prime I looked at it and thought "Futuristic Shooter" and from that moment I wasn't liking it. Granted, that's all down to personal taste, some of you may love futuristic guns and shooting aliens/robots but for me it's something I always try to keep away from.

I just went on a site which shows me alot of reviews for Metroid Prime. I scrolled down and all I saw was A*, 10/10, 100/100, 6/6, 9.9/10 and the such. I found two reviews which had the game as about 3/5 and so I read them as they would outline the bads points about the game and it would probably be a more realistic review instead of hyped up rubbish. I always do that with games, always read the bad review.

The review basically outlined all I thought I would hate about the game. It described the running from room to room bit and videos I downloaded looked to be nothing special gameplay wise. Just looked like I was going to be wondering around in some stupid adventure game which would have no replay value at all.

The point of this topic?

It's for you to persade me this game is actually worth the review scores its being given. It's for you to show me this isn't gonna be another boring adventure game.

If anything I want Metroid Prime to suprise me. I want it to be another game I can add to my collection and be proud of owning and enjoy playing. But at the moment it doesn't even look like it's gonna be in there as it just doesn't look like my type of game at all.

It's not a console seller, just another attempt at doing so.
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:45
Regular
It looks amazing... in the videos.. and sceenshots.
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:40
Regular
I've only just noticed this post

I will kill you in many horrific ways
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:39
Regular
At first I thought Metroid Prime wasn't going to be my kind of game. But then I read some reviews. And then I watched some movies. And now I'm going to pre-order it and wait by the door ;D.
Sun 02/02/03 at 13:39
Regular
I guess you can't make a game that everyone's going to like. I wasn't that excited by Metroid myself, but I think I'll give it a go...
Sun 02/02/03 at 12:12
Eternal darkness is fantastic. The developers are obviously really an- al (for goodness sake. I can't even say an- al?) Though a million times shorter, it has as much attention to detail as elder scrolls does on the microbox. Even the little things like reloading a gun were realistic and made more sense than anm actual shooting game. It even made you play the game with a certain apprehension towards healing yourself because you might explode. You actually need to get into the game.

Try it or I'll be calling up your mother.

ANyways... back to metroid I suppose......
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Eternal Darkness I knew I would hate too, And anyway it was at bad release timing just when Resi Evil Sort of finished and I didn't want a another with the same Genre.

And Eternal Darkness isn't made by Nintendo either :p
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:45
"Uzi Lover"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> But really, Would Nintendo Fail you with Metroid Prime? I'm guessing
> not and remember the Reviews its been given.

Well I didn't like Eternal Darkness which I borrowed because I knew it didn't look like my kind of game.
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:43
"Uzi Lover"
Renting will prove if I like it or not.

It will show if I enjoy it or not and if I don't I won't bother getting it.

I can tell the future though, I know whats going to happen (apart from all the rental copies being taken at the shop). I'm gonna start playing it and once in a while say "that bits cool" but then suddenly it's all going to start repeating itself and I can't play a game that does that.

20 hours of the same old pap?

Then it's gonna say "goto this room" and I'll say "No!" and turn it off.

Who knows though, I may love it and in a way I hope I do.

Zelda will rock however.
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Oh well, When it comes to me Renting it first means i'll never buy it. I remember the NOM Giving Body Harvest a good rating and SR doing a deal for it £10 i think? Then i rented it, Its one of the worst games ever, Seriously. Most people Probably have played it with some of the worst Graphics on the N64 also Gameplay was just, Lame.

And its the same with the Sims, It was a game to either Love or Hate.

But really, Would Nintendo Fail you with Metroid Prime? I'm guessing not and remember the Reviews its been given.
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:32
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Yeah. I'm concise.

Thing is though, if he bought the game and only scratched the surface he might hate it anyway, and then playing further into it would be a chore rather than a pleasure.

Better to rent it and see if it really is just the same old "cross this level and kill the boss" or something with a little more depth than a river in the Sahara. Even a scratch in the surface can be enough to tell you if a game is good or bad, and that's all you really need. He's not going to aim to decide if it's only good rather than excellent, or bad rather than terrible from just one weekend of playing it.

I hope.

If he does, I'll slap him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.