GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Prepares To Be Killed*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/02/03 at 11:03
Regular
Get this, I don't think Metroid Prime sounds or looks all that. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Start the slaughter...

First of all I hated the SNES original, secondly I hate the GBA's Fusion.

Your this Bounty Hunter who must run from place to place going from room to room (that bit is annoying when the room changes) and you get to shoot enemys once in a while with a blaster. Well woopie doo, this is really great.

Here's the deal, you run to one room on one side of the level your on and then you are told to run to the other side of the level and it continues. It drags, it gets boring, I found nothing special from doing this.

When I first saw Metroid Prime I looked at it and thought "Futuristic Shooter" and from that moment I wasn't liking it. Granted, that's all down to personal taste, some of you may love futuristic guns and shooting aliens/robots but for me it's something I always try to keep away from.

I just went on a site which shows me alot of reviews for Metroid Prime. I scrolled down and all I saw was A*, 10/10, 100/100, 6/6, 9.9/10 and the such. I found two reviews which had the game as about 3/5 and so I read them as they would outline the bads points about the game and it would probably be a more realistic review instead of hyped up rubbish. I always do that with games, always read the bad review.

The review basically outlined all I thought I would hate about the game. It described the running from room to room bit and videos I downloaded looked to be nothing special gameplay wise. Just looked like I was going to be wondering around in some stupid adventure game which would have no replay value at all.

The point of this topic?

It's for you to persade me this game is actually worth the review scores its being given. It's for you to show me this isn't gonna be another boring adventure game.

If anything I want Metroid Prime to suprise me. I want it to be another game I can add to my collection and be proud of owning and enjoy playing. But at the moment it doesn't even look like it's gonna be in there as it just doesn't look like my type of game at all.

It's not a console seller, just another attempt at doing so.
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I also like to read about the bad-points of even the greatest of games, as all games have them - no game is perfect, not even Shenmue, Zelda, or eevn LBA!

I can see Metroid Prime being a brilliant game in so-many-ways, but despite all the 10/10 and 96% scored, I know this game is never going to be as "perfect" as many people believe.

I feel the same way about the new Zelda too, but I try not to let it get in the way of things. I know from past experiences that a game like this doesn't get scores like that for absolutely no-reason.

I heard a lot of bad things about the Shenmue games, but once I really got into it, I didn't even notice them!
And I think the same will happen with this one, and with Zelda.
Tue 04/02/03 at 11:49
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Body Harvest was quality.
>
> Did you never fly in it?
>
> Best thing ever!

TOo true, the planes in it rocked. I can remember one time my plane came down on the side of a mountain, I jumped out to have a look around and suddenly realised the plane had started to slip down the hill towards the lava, I ran back jumped in and managed to pull the plane up indiana Jones stylee just before it went in the lava.

Genius.
Mon 03/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Body Harvest was great, just got annoyed with it for two reasons.

1. I paid 45 quid then it was reduced to like 20 a week later.

2. After reaching the end of the third level and realising I would have to do it all again on the harder setting just to get to the other two levels. Doh!

Anyway Metroid Prime, yeah!
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Body Harvest was quality.

Did you never fly in it?

Best thing ever!
Mon 03/02/03 at 21:01
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I have Metroid, i've owned it for a handful of days now. I have played it for a fair time, Animal Crossing has taken mosy my time though! But what i will mention, is that it is of amazing quality. As soon as i drop Animal Crossing for a little bit i'll be playing this a whole lot more. The control system is much better than i had imagined. Also, it kind of feels like a 3rd person Adventure gone 1st person, which i think will change my views on some 3rd person games. I am another who didn't expect to be wow-ed by this title, but i play it as much as possible in and around Animal Crossing. Its not outstanding, but its pretty darn good.
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:54
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> Oh well, When it comes to me Renting it first means i'll never buy it.
> I remember the NOM Giving Body Harvest a good rating and SR doing a
> deal for it £10 i think? Then i rented it, Its one of the worst
> games ever, Seriously. Most people Probably have played it with some
> of the worst Graphics on the N64 also Gameplay was just, Lame.

Thankyou! I thought i was the only one who thought Body Harvest was horrendously bad!
Mon 03/02/03 at 19:20
Regular
I understand, I will be getting this game as it looks amazing, But it may not suit all.

Just like Halo, that got high review scores, Loads of people praised it and others did'nt.
Mon 03/02/03 at 19:08
Regular
Ev][L~Dark wrote:

> But i disagree with him though, Renting a game of that size is barely
> going to let you sratch the surface of a game like that.

I can remember a few years ago i rented goldeneye, i hated it i just didnt like it at all. Then for some reason i rented it again, and then i loved it. And then i got the game. The end. (like happy endings)

also personal oponion i hate super monkey ball, when your a firm faverite arnt you?
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:49
Regular
oh yes

Ryan Air is about to become literal

:D
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:47
"Uzi Lover"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I will kill you in many horrific ways

I'm waiting for er-no to see it.

He'll hurt me, verbally.

You can gang up with him if you like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.