GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do u Think the Ps2 will go down in price again soon?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 13:44
Regular
Do u Think the Ps2 will gon down in price again soon? if so when?
Do u know where u can get cheap ps2?
Thu 17/01/02 at 16:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The_King wrote:
> Insider info.....

Think £179.99 price point, think mid March!

Thats
> all im saying.

Oh, other than i agree with Sonic Rav, every single EB staff
> member (and Game for that matter as they are the same company!) i have ever know
> or spoken to is an idiot!

True, oh so true... In fact, my mate is a bit of a dunce in general!!
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:51
"You love us!"
Insider info.....

Think £179.99 price point, think mid March!

Thats all im saying.

Oh, other than i agree with Sonic Rav, every single EB staff member (and Game for that matter as they are the same company!) i have ever know or spoken to is an idiot!
Thu 17/01/02 at 15:40
Regular
I think that by the end of this year, the Playstation 2 and one controller rrp will be £150 or less and next year it will keep on going down so will the X box and Gamecube as by then they might be able to do it, Sony can cut the price more than Nintendo and Microsoft as the Playstation 2 has been out for a long time and probably production costs have been cut compared to that at launch.
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that there is a chance that the PS2's price will drop again. After all, the PSX's price dropped several times, and the GameCube could be only £150! There'll be no reason for the PS2 to drop due to the X-box, as it's almost twice as much!! But the main price battle will be between the Cube and the PS2, and both console's prices could drop by the end of 2002.
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Tyla wrote:
> I spoke to a friend of mine who works for EB in Oxford and he said that
>

"Rumor has it that Sony are holding back on PS2's untill March when
> they will be flooding stores with them and dropping the price to below
> £200 In direct competition with sales of the XBO and
> GCN"...

Whether this is true or not, we will have to wait an see!!

No offence, but most people who work in EB are idiots. And these "rumours" they have are just from the biased mags they've read, and NOT inside info or anything!

Sonic
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I read somewhere it was going down by £30 to £169 same time as Gamecube launch sometime in March (but don't know if they meant this March or next March)
Nintendo have their own calendar.
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:16
Regular
"disappearing act"
I think America has droped its price aswell becuase I am just off Yahoo Shopping and the price was $265.99.Which I think converts into £182. I think .
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I spoke to a friend of mine who works for EB in Oxford and he said that

"Rumor has it that Sony are holding back on PS2's untill March when they will be flooding stores with them and dropping the price to below £200 In direct competition with sales of the XBO and GCN"...

Whether this is true or not, we will have to wait an see!!
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
resevilfan wrote:
> Actually there's been a recent price drop in Japan, It's now sitting at roughly
> £169, no word for the U.K though.

AH! But until recently the JAp PS2 cost well over our #200 mark... so for the first time we had it better off :)

Sonic
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:27
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I hope they do i just hope they do around the time mgs come out as i've pre-order that as i expect it to sell out quickly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.