GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The state of british ISP's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 17:49
Regular
Why are all our dial up ISP's so crap. I'm on BT internet and there so called anytime (more like sometime) it takes ages to connect and when your on a download it cuts after 30mins sometimes.

AOL is probably the best with no cut off but then you have to use there software which then takes your PC hostage and only a re-format will ever get rid of it.

I think it's about time they pushed broadband and reduced the cost (£40 a month is to much BT) i also think the cable company's should extend there coverage.

The console makers are all talking about online gaming but it's not gunna be possible with 56k access which has it's limits.

Maybe the console makers should set up a gaming broadband service of some sort that can be avalible to everyone.

There always telling us how great broadband is but there not pushing it so that it's in the reach of everyone.

Maybe one day we all we have broadband connections but it's still years away unless someone does something about it.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:49
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
Why are all our dial up ISP's so crap. I'm on BT internet and there so called anytime (more like sometime) it takes ages to connect and when your on a download it cuts after 30mins sometimes.

AOL is probably the best with no cut off but then you have to use there software which then takes your PC hostage and only a re-format will ever get rid of it.

I think it's about time they pushed broadband and reduced the cost (£40 a month is to much BT) i also think the cable company's should extend there coverage.

The console makers are all talking about online gaming but it's not gunna be possible with 56k access which has it's limits.

Maybe the console makers should set up a gaming broadband service of some sort that can be avalible to everyone.

There always telling us how great broadband is but there not pushing it so that it's in the reach of everyone.

Maybe one day we all we have broadband connections but it's still years away unless someone does something about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.