GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal 2 only gets 7.3 on Gamespot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal 2'.
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:00
Regular
Yep you read it right, 10 out of 10 for graphics but only 7.3 overall (even the site readers only give it an average of 7.0).
I'll still be getting it on Friday, will give my honest opinion over the weekend. Shame there won't ever be a demo released.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:18
"Darkness, always"
Yes, it's good. But it isn't great. I think such a mark reflects the growing market demand for games with more character, interactivity and depth.

Even Doom III is being built up as an atmospheric adventure, rather than n out and out blast-em-up, which is what that particualr vein of PC legend has been all about.

It's time Unreal evolved or got out of the market.
Wed 05/02/03 at 14:42
Regular
yea true.. as i said they are running out of ideas they need to be true sequels and concentrate on the gameplay more.
Thu 06/02/03 at 10:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
well my copy just arrived through the post, a day before it's release, so I'll for myself how it plays.
Thu 06/02/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I got my subscription copy of PC ZOne yesterday, they gave it 94 %.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've only played a little of it so far, but I like it a lot. The sci-fi setting makes a nice change from all those realistic WW2/Vietnam/some other war settings I've been used to for the past few months.

So far so good, I'm really enjoying it.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh yeah, before I forget, make sure you have enough HD space before you get this game as it takes up a whoping 3gig :-0
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:32
"Darkness, always"
Ridiculous.
Thu 06/02/03 at 13:44
Regular
The man with no name wrote:
> I got my subscription copy of PC ZOne yesterday, they gave it 94 %.

I think PC zone are not that good.....
They probably been looking at the graphics more.
Thu 06/02/03 at 13:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A damn fine game I might add, i've been playing all day and it's bloody fun. Sure it doesn't do anything groundbreaking in terms of game-play, but the FPS genre is dry in the area of new ideas, so that's to be expected.

The level design is great, the action intense and the sound is just as amazing as the graphics. Great game, FPS fans should enjoy it allot.
Thu 06/02/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Yeah, but those fools at Gamespot complained because of U2¡¦s lack of multiplayer. UT2003, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.