GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meet Miyamoto!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
Taken from Cube-Europe.com:

Miyamoto-san is making a rare visit to the UK to promote new Nintendo titles!

Legend of the video games world, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto, will be making his first ever European public appearance exclusively at the Virgin Megastore Oxford Street on Friday 21st February at 1pm. This is your chance to meet one of the most creative minds of today and the genius behind many of the world’s most popular and enduring video games, including Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., and The Legend of Zelda.

On the day fans can buy or bring along any Miyamoto Nintendo title for him to sign, which is from a list of over 70 titles since 1981. Not only will Miyamoto-san be signing games, but the first 10 people in the queue will take away their very own signed copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for Game Boy Advance, a month in advance of its UK release in March, so get there early.

Lastly, but by no means least, an exclusive competition will run from Thursday 6th February on virgin.com/megastores where those in search of an extra special memento of the day will have a chance to win their very own piece of hand-drawn signed artwork by Miyamoto-san.

Stephen Lynn, Marketing Manager, Virgin Megastores comments:

“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for gaming fans to meet one of the most revered figures in the video game world. We are extremely thrilled that Miyamoto-san has chosen to make such a rare appearance at the Virgin Megastore, Oxford Street. We are firmly behind bringing the best in gaming to our customers and we feel this collaboration with Nintendo will not only broaden our direct involvement in the gaming arena but will demonstrate Virgin Megastores innovation within the industry."

----------------------------------

WOW...not much else I can say

:D
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
Are you talking about me or Shigsy?
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wow. This is a once in a near lifetime oppurtunity!
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
What would I say? -"Hello Moto?" -"I'm gonna play some game...play ...play ...i wanna play some game"

sorry about that.. it was bad i know
Thu 06/02/03 at 12:48
Yippeee! I'll take-a my Super Smash Brothers game with me

Now how do travel 190 miles when I got no money...? *sigh*
Thu 06/02/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The chances are that only a few people will get stuff signed before the mass army of nerds invade and cause a riot for autographs and the security people whisk Miyamoto off to safety.
Any of you who remember the episode of The Simpsons with Mark Hamill at the sci-fi convention will know what I mean.
Thu 06/02/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, there'll also be a queue about ten deep just waiting for him. Well I'll fight anyone who tries to stop me getting my copy of Super Metroid signed.
Thu 06/02/03 at 13:33
Regular
JC941:D wrote:
> What would I say? -"Hello Moto?" -"I'm gonna play
> some game...play ...play ...i wanna play some game"
>
> sorry about that.. it was bad i know

hahahahahahahahaha sorry but i have to admitt thats pretty gd!
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Josh8899 wrote:
> JC941:D wrote:
>
>
> hahahahahahahahaha sorry but i have to admitt thats pretty gd!

no, it was rubbish.
did Shigsy help with Metroid Prime? I want to get my copy signed.
Fri 07/02/03 at 10:18
Regular
"hit the road jack"
TÞhi wrote:
> Josh8899 wrote:
> JC941:D wrote:
>
>
> hahahahahahahahaha sorry but i have to admitt thats pretty gd!
>
> no, it was rubbish.
> did Shigsy help with Metroid Prime? I want to get my copy signed.

SHUT IT YOU TART! ;)
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
>JC941< wrote:
> SHUT IT YOU TART! ;)

make me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.