GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meet Miyamoto!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
Taken from Cube-Europe.com:

Miyamoto-san is making a rare visit to the UK to promote new Nintendo titles!

Legend of the video games world, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto, will be making his first ever European public appearance exclusively at the Virgin Megastore Oxford Street on Friday 21st February at 1pm. This is your chance to meet one of the most creative minds of today and the genius behind many of the world’s most popular and enduring video games, including Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., and The Legend of Zelda.

On the day fans can buy or bring along any Miyamoto Nintendo title for him to sign, which is from a list of over 70 titles since 1981. Not only will Miyamoto-san be signing games, but the first 10 people in the queue will take away their very own signed copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for Game Boy Advance, a month in advance of its UK release in March, so get there early.

Lastly, but by no means least, an exclusive competition will run from Thursday 6th February on virgin.com/megastores where those in search of an extra special memento of the day will have a chance to win their very own piece of hand-drawn signed artwork by Miyamoto-san.

Stephen Lynn, Marketing Manager, Virgin Megastores comments:

“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for gaming fans to meet one of the most revered figures in the video game world. We are extremely thrilled that Miyamoto-san has chosen to make such a rare appearance at the Virgin Megastore, Oxford Street. We are firmly behind bringing the best in gaming to our customers and we feel this collaboration with Nintendo will not only broaden our direct involvement in the gaming arena but will demonstrate Virgin Megastores innovation within the industry."

----------------------------------

WOW...not much else I can say

:D
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:36
Regular
It is really scary, on January 14th i went to oxford street and to my surprise Feeder were in HMV performing... I couldn't believe it! We decided to visit oxford street again and guess what... we scheduled it for February 21st... scary.
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
er-no wrote:
> I am taking my GBASP.
>
> That'll make me look cool.
>
> :-D

Im doing the same

*prays that Lik Sang deliver it in time* : D
Sun 09/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I wonder what the artwork will be? Whatever it is, it'll be worth a
> damn lot of money in years to come.

There were a couple of sketches of his at the Game-on exhibition. There was a mario drawing and a picture of DK. There was also some of the original Sonic oht's which they used in Adventure2: Battle
Sun 09/02/03 at 17:55
Regular
I wonder what the artwork will be? Whatever it is, it'll be worth a damn lot of money in years to come.
Sat 08/02/03 at 13:12
Regular
Put on an American accent and say you flew all the way over JUST to meet him.
Then he'll give you his banjo.
Sat 08/02/03 at 13:04
Regular
He'll then punch you in the face for importing games.

:D
Sat 08/02/03 at 13:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> TÞhi wrote:
>
> no, it was rubbish.
> did Shigsy help with Metroid Prime? I want to get my copy signed.
>
> I highly doubt he did.
>
> Yes he did. He watched over them and kept them on the right track
> getting his hands dirty if needs be.

yay, thanks Dringo. I shall take that for him to sign. I thought he had kept a watchful eye over them, I read it somewhere.... Just checking, though. Cheers.
Sat 08/02/03 at 12:31
Regular
I'll make my first million then travel out to Japan and spend it all trying to meet him. Yup, that's what I'll do. Oh, and I'll bring my copy of the original Mario Bros (Did he make that?)
Sat 08/02/03 at 10:28
Regular
"hit the road jack"
er-no wrote:
> I am taking my GBASP.
>
> That'll make me look cool.
>
> :-D

I'll look out for you ;)
Sat 08/02/03 at 10:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am taking my GBASP.

That'll make me look cool.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.