GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woah - I didn't know that!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 22:25
Regular
http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

According to that you can rip your own CDs and use the music in games? Surely that's good!!

Check out the site.

I cannot be the only person on these forums excited by the X Box!!!

Can I?
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have to say, Star Wars : Obi Wan lookes tasty, and I promised myself I'd get every decent Episode 1 platformer out there. Damn...
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:34
I guess I am the only one getting one here then! Go play Pokemon on your Game Cube then Joby!!
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
er-no wrote:
=The XBox is a middle market PC with a 733Mhz chip in. Oh
> well. Idiots.

Yes, but it has a graphics card that at the very least matches anything available for the PC.
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
er-no wrote:
The reason being they cannot be assed to put in the original game
> music so its a DIY game. No its not good. Its just a PC pretending to be a
> console. In reflect. The XBox is a middle market PC with a 733Mhz chip in. Oh
> well. Idiots.

And it crashes. The display model I played on in America crashed twice. It's a crappy console, and an even worse PC.
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:30
er-no wrote:
> Dan2K1 wrote:
> http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

According to that you
> can rip your own CDs
> and use the music in games? Surely that's
> good!!

The reason being they cannot be assed to put in the original game
> music so its a DIY game. No its not good. Its just a PC pretending to be a
> console. In reflect. The XBox is a middle market PC with a 733Mhz chip in. Oh
> well. Idiots.

>DO NOT POST THIS WORD AGAIN< off!
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:28
"Xbox Systems and Games Selling as Fast as Retailers Can Stock Them

REDMOND, Wash. — Dec. 9, 2001 — Microsoft Corp. today announced that Microsoft® Xbox™ video game system has surpassed the 1 million mark in shipments, with 1.1 million units "sold-in" to retailers. These sell-in results build on the spectacular Xbox sell-through rate for the system's first two weeks of launch.

At the same time, Xbox games have been selling in record numbers. On average, gamers are purchasing several first- and third-party Xbox games every time they buy an Xbox. The most popular games to date include "Halo™," and "Project Gotham Racing™" from Microsoft, as well as "Dead or Alive 3™" from Tecmo.

"Since the launch, Xbox has driven tens of thousands of gamers into our stores," said Dan DeMatteo, president of GameStop Inc. "Each Xbox shipment we receive sells out immediately, but the great news for gamers is that we're getting new Xbox systems multiple times each week."

"We're very pleased with the consumer response to Xbox, having surpassed the 1 million mark at breakneck speed," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer at Microsoft. "This substantiates our belief that gamers would make Xbox one of the hottest gifts for the holidays."

Microsoft plans to ship at least 300,000 additional units into North American retailers through the end of year, putting the system on target with Microsoft's goal of delivering 1 million to 1.5 million units for the calendar year. Xbox is the only system being manufactured in close proximity to U.S. retailers, accelerating the manufacturer-to-retailer cycle.
"

Nice
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

According to that you can rip your own CDs
> and use the music in games? Surely that's good!!

The reason being they cannot be assed to put in the original game music so its a DIY game. No its not good. Its just a PC pretending to be a console. In reflect. The XBox is a middle market PC with a 733Mhz chip in. Oh well. Idiots.
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:25
http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

According to that you can rip your own CDs and use the music in games? Surely that's good!!

Check out the site.

I cannot be the only person on these forums excited by the X Box!!!

Can I?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.