GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what has happened to psx games because of september 11th"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 20:47
Regular
hi i want to no what will happen with some games because of the terrorist attacks
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:47
hi i want to no what will happen with some games because of the terrorist attacks
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:50
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Nothing I think. They still allowed GTA3 to be released.

I think most people want to forget about the events of september 11th. This couldn't be done if everytime they went into a games shop they had a reminder, the shelves only being stocked up with nice and fluffy games.

Maybe developers will think a bit more about what they include in their games, but I don't think there will be any major changes.
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:52
i was deeply efected by the attacks but i think that your right. some aspects of games should be rethought but u need a bit of action to spice up ur console
Tue 15/01/02 at 02:07
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
spider man 2 was edited for it's new york sky line and the film was canned
Tue 15/01/02 at 07:18
I personally believe that everyone went overboard in going out of their way to appease the gaming board or whoever is in charge of that department in that it should not have delayed any games. I think that it was a good move in delaying Spiderman: The Movie as it shows actual images of buildings being blown up but games just show computerised or replicated (badly) images of the same happening. If people can't differenciate between real life and a game or film then they shouldn't be playing games or watching films. I was truly disappointed at the delaying of Grand Theft Auto 3 and future delays of future incidents (if there are any) will just anger me (and surely some of the general public) more. Legislation is wrong unless felt truely appropriate by a consensus of the general public or it's just a waste of time.
Tue 15/01/02 at 07:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
It is not that people can or can't differenciate between games and real-lfe, it is just that they don't want to be reminded of the september 11th attacks. If you take your mind back to that time, you wouldn't have wanted to be reminded of it in a game, just as some people don't want to be reminded of it now.
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:33
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
spider man movie was canned cause it actually had the world trade centres in it. i saw the trailer at the cinema when spiderman makes a massive web between the buildings which stops the bad guys helicopter.

shame really could of been a cool film
Tue 15/01/02 at 20:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I saw that trailer too. It was really cheesey.

And I think in MGS2 Metal Gear Ray was schedulaed to knock down the twin towers, but obviously it as removed.
Tue 15/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
"disappearing act"
Limp Bizkit : rollin was filmed on the south tower.
Tue 15/01/02 at 22:21
bars-tard wrote:
> spider man movie was canned cause it actually had the world trade centres in it.
> i saw the trailer at the cinema when spiderman makes a massive web between the
> buildings which stops the bad guys helicopter.
shame really could of been a
> cool film

It still will be. As any sad comics fan, such as myself knows :), spiderman is returning to the cinema in Summer 2002 in the US followed by a predicted July/August release in this country. They've re edited and shot new scenes so as not to offend anyone or disrespect those who died on 9/11. The producers even auctioned off some props and stuff for charities in America last December.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.