GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube too cheap to resist ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/02/03 at 11:34
Regular
I was already thinking about it but now I've got no excuse not to buy one !

SR Descritption:

"One of three classic games, the GameCube console, a controller, scart lead and FREE 4 MB memory card? Sounds like a party to us. Best of all is that the whole bundle still costs only £129.99 and saves you £55! "

Time for a PS2 & Game deal for under £150 ?
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I was already thinking about it but now I've got no excuse not to buy one !

SR Descritption:

"One of three classic games, the GameCube console, a controller, scart lead and FREE 4 MB memory card? Sounds like a party to us. Best of all is that the whole bundle still costs only £129.99 and saves you £55! "

Time for a PS2 & Game deal for under £150 ?
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm hoping Microsoft follow suit with a similar deal, like:

XBox
Memory Card
Controller
Halo

£129.99

*Waits patiently*
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Fantasy you should start a topic in the SR Customer Service forum .....

Staff Regulars take note.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:48
"Darkness, always"
The pricing policies over the last 8 months have been interesting. More interesting still will be if the next generation of consoles all get released within a few months of each other.

All three (or four...) consoles will likely be sold at an unprecedented level of loss to get the user base established quickly, and if one or another of the consoles doesn't sell well enough in the early days, it could cost the manufacturers a huge bundle.
Wed 05/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
I have a GC as well as a PS2 and to be honest i dont really need my GC. The Nintendo games arent that great in my opinion and everything else you can get on the PS2. I would just buy a few PS2 games and be done with it. You're not missing much
Wed 05/02/03 at 20:41
Regular
"  "
I wouldn't mind one, but I still think that it's too expensive to own two consoles. PS2 is my first choice but I would definately get a Cube if I could afford one. I think that may be the reason why PS2 has sold so much. Not because it is better in any way, but simply because a majority place the PS2 on top of the other two, and can't afford both. What I would like is an XBox and GameCube bunded together, with Super Monkeyball 2, Splinter Cell, four controllers for each console, and a Memory Card for each, all for £100. Maybe. In a few years. 10 years?
Wed 05/02/03 at 20:45
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> More interesting still will be if the next generation of consoles all
> get released within a few months of each other.
>
> All three (or four...) consoles will likely be sold at an
> unprecedented level of loss to get the user base established quickly,

That would be nice! I might be able to get all 3 of them at launch!
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:25
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
ps2 have better games than game cube... and thats about it in my opinion, whats the point in buying a cheap gamecube if you hate mario
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:26
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
did you know why mario was first made with a hat? its cause hair was too hard to draw/programme in those days
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:27
"Darkness, always"
Carnage2324 wrote:
> ps2 have better games than game cube... and thats about it in my
> opinion, whats the point in buying a cheap gamecube if you hate mario

This sort of post is the height of ignorance. Have you even looked at the games available for the GameCube? And if you have, can you tell me a rough percentage of which games have Mario in them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.