GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
Hello everyone.....Yes I know that this game isnt coming out on the PS2 yet. But I was just going to tell you a bit about it.

As manyof you know its a WW2 FPS where you control one of the Allies and basically try to kill as many Germans as possible. Not sure how the Germans will like it but hell we are Brits so there..

PCZone have given the game 94% which means something. They have stated that the game is a definite Half-Life beater and that it is simply mind-blowing-"Superbly designed and one of the most polished PC games in years"

So I wanted to know who out of you lot is actually going to buy this superb game...I am going to pre-order it any minute now from SR since its only £29.99-BARGAIN.

The reason I wanted to know who is getting it is because of the Multi-player option. As you know it is possible to form squads and compete with others against other squads online. It is apparently one of the bect multi-player games out there and I was thinking it could be a laugh if we got round to making a squad....

If you want to know more visit my site www.geocities.com/triple_h471/ and vote for your favourite squad name. My site isnt finished but I will get round to it soon.

SO who is getting it and who would like t join the squad??

Anyway the game is coming out on the 1
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Hello everyone.....Yes I know that this game isnt coming out on the PS2 yet. But I was just going to tell you a bit about it.

As manyof you know its a WW2 FPS where you control one of the Allies and basically try to kill as many Germans as possible. Not sure how the Germans will like it but hell we are Brits so there..

PCZone have given the game 94% which means something. They have stated that the game is a definite Half-Life beater and that it is simply mind-blowing-"Superbly designed and one of the most polished PC games in years"

So I wanted to know who out of you lot is actually going to buy this superb game...I am going to pre-order it any minute now from SR since its only £29.99-BARGAIN.

The reason I wanted to know who is getting it is because of the Multi-player option. As you know it is possible to form squads and compete with others against other squads online. It is apparently one of the bect multi-player games out there and I was thinking it could be a laugh if we got round to making a squad....

If you want to know more visit my site www.geocities.com/triple_h471/ and vote for your favourite squad name. My site isnt finished but I will get round to it soon.

SO who is getting it and who would like t join the squad??

Anyway the game is coming out on the 1
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:13
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I received the latest issue of PCGamer through the post today (miles better than PCZone) and have so far played the awesome single-player demo. Plan to try the multiplayer demo a little later tonight. I guess this squad you talk of is a clan right? Well, if I like the multiplayer, I might be interested.
Oh, and if you're interested, PCG gave it 95% (1% higher than Return to Castle Wolfenstein) and even stated on the front cover that it's better than Half-Life.

P.S. Prepare to get grilled from others about this thread.
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:43
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
U know if it's coming out for PS2 Triple H?
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Not yet I dont think. Medal of Honor Frontline is though in march....

I seem to be having problems with the demo though...What is OpenGL support. My video card doesnt seem to support it so I cant start playing the demo...
Mon 14/01/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
There is a sneak preview of Medal of Honor: Frontline on the latest PSW DVD!! Its looking like a great sequel to the previous two games which were brilliant!! I have high hopes for Frontline!!
Mon 14/01/02 at 21:31
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
OpenGL is a method of drawing 3d using your graphics card. The other most highly-used method is called Direct3d. If your card doesn't support OpenGL and if it's the only setting supported by Allied Assault, you're buggered basically.
I'm having a few probs with the multiplayer demo at the mo, as all the games I've entered are really laggy.
Mon 14/01/02 at 21:41
I might get it depends on specs
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:08
Regular
Iraqistan Man wrote:
> U know if it's coming out for PS2

Its coming out for X-box...
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:12
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> OpenGL is a method of drawing 3d using your graphics card. The other most
> highly-used method is called Direct3d. If your card doesn't support OpenGL and
> if it's the only setting supported by Allied Assault, you're buggered
> basically.
I'm having a few probs with the multiplayer demo at the mo, as all
> the games I've entered are really laggy.

Problem solved. I managed to download the OpenGL thingi so I have now played the demo.

First impressions:ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I really havnt played a better FPS in mylife. The controls are pretty simple and the enemy AI is brilliant. Voice acting is probably the best seen in that sort of the game-sounds like they got real Hollywood stars to do the sound. The game is tough even on the easy level and as I said the enemies are really smart. It took me and the people who were accompanying me about 2 minutes to get rid of 3 guards. The weapons are very realistic and the sounds are great as well.

The only problem I have with it is that you REALLY need a good video card to run the game. It runs smoothly on the LOW resolution thingi but it does look like a PSone game...I put it on High resolution and it did look very good indeed but slowed down a lot. I think I will try to put it on Medium and see what happens. But I would invest in a decent video card too....

But overall people were absolutely right-it is a great game which will keep you coming back over and over again..Ive ordered my copy from SR about an hour ago and I suggest you do the same....
Mon 14/01/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Tag as above"
I want the demo, but its been taken off line, theres a multiplayer demo that you cant get right now too. :D :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.