GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
Hello everyone.....Yes I know that this game isnt coming out on the PS2 yet. But I was just going to tell you a bit about it.

As manyof you know its a WW2 FPS where you control one of the Allies and basically try to kill as many Germans as possible. Not sure how the Germans will like it but hell we are Brits so there..

PCZone have given the game 94% which means something. They have stated that the game is a definite Half-Life beater and that it is simply mind-blowing-"Superbly designed and one of the most polished PC games in years"

So I wanted to know who out of you lot is actually going to buy this superb game...I am going to pre-order it any minute now from SR since its only £29.99-BARGAIN.

The reason I wanted to know who is getting it is because of the Multi-player option. As you know it is possible to form squads and compete with others against other squads online. It is apparently one of the bect multi-player games out there and I was thinking it could be a laugh if we got round to making a squad....

If you want to know more visit my site www.geocities.com/triple_h471/ and vote for your favourite squad name. My site isnt finished but I will get round to it soon.

SO who is getting it and who would like t join the squad??

Anyway the game is coming out on the 1
Mon 30/01/12 at 21:06
Regular
Sorry, I only speak English.
Tue 03/01/12 at 12:31
Regular
Whaay aye there pet, man, woman like, howsis youssss all doing down there in the shandy drinking south like mann, woman, pet? Its verrryyy windly like up here on the tyne like man, pet woman, lass.
It might be blowey but whe showed them southern types what is means to be from ooop northe like pet with a greeeeeeeeat victory from the Sunderland, we wus best proud of them there lads on the park like man and me and worr lass had a laugh and a lager - what a great start to the new year!
Thu 17/01/02 at 18:58
Regular
"You Bum!!"
You are right, you need GeoForce 3 to get the maximum out of the game.But I dont buy PC games a lot and infact I only have 2 Champ Managers...So I wont be getting a new graphics card. The game seems to run fine on my PC and it looks pretty good on Medium resolution. SO I am happy
Thu 17/01/02 at 18:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thanks for the input, King. Currently my system is a Duron 825MHz (overclocked) with 384Mb RAM and a Geforce 2 MX card. Although it sounds pretty weedy, I've got the thing tuned to the max!
Anyway, the ONLY time is slows down (and this is at max detail) is when volumetric smoke is being displayed (like burning vehicles).
I'm planning to buy a new Mitsubishi 17inch flatscreen monitor and a Geforce 3 Ti 500 next month!
Thu 17/01/02 at 17:54
"You love us!"
Gotta’ agree with the comments so far! In fact I’d go as far to say that MoH: Allied Assault truly is THE best FPS I’ve ever played – not even Half-Life can match the quality of this game.

Graphically awesome, which is to be expecting from the modified Quake 3 engine, sonically so realistic it’s quite frightening – the machine gun (can’t remember its name) sounds like it’s been sampled directly from Saving Private Ryan! It really is that good. Playabilty is quite sublime – the scripted moments throughout the game(which I initially thought may make it to linear) are blended so seamlessly you hardly notice they are there – in fact they actually add to the atmosphere greatly! Level design is excellent and there is allot more to the game than simply ‘run, kill, run, kill’! As I say, best First Person Shooter ever! The only thing that actually surprised me was that the Omaha Beach level wasn’t up first – thought that was guaranteed!

On the graphics card front Uncle Albert what you really need is a GeForce 3. My system only has a P3 800 (which by today’s standards isn’t anything special) but the G3 means I can run the game at full detail with everything on maximum, at 1280x1024 and pull around 65 fps – which I think is damn good!
In fact even if you have a lower end CPU, the GeForce 3 will more than make up for it. My mate has got an AMD T-Bird 1.4 Gig with a GeForce 2 MX 64MB card which you’d think wouldl fly because of the T–Bird, but in fact he’s couldn’t use anything above 800x600 at max detail.
GeForce 3 is the only way to go!
Plus you can pick up a regular G3 for about £299 now – still pricey I know, but a bit cheaper than it’s been recently.

Gotta love the PC for kick A$s FPS’s!
Wed 16/01/02 at 22:48
Regular
"You Bum!!"
After playing the demo even more Ive discovered how big the levels are-they are brilliantly detailed and very playable. Even with my average graphics card, the game looks pretty good aand whereas I would love one of them GeoForce 3 cards I am satisfyed with what Ive got.

You can always check my site if you want to join my clan.

http://www.geocities.com/triple_h471/
Tue 15/01/02 at 19:52
To be honest, I've never really liked the Medal of Honour series, and I never rated it that highly on the PSone. However, Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault, coming out on the PC on Feb 1st looked absoloutely brilliant. I mean, PC Zone gave it 94%, and let me put it this way, Half-Life got 93%, meaning that they think it's better than Half-Life. Sure, not everyone will agree, but you still have to admit it must be a damn good game. But still, if it's coming out on the PS2, I'd rather get it for the PC.

Ruudy Boy
Tue 15/01/02 at 19:38
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> I'll definately be getting this game on release day. Trouble is, I don't think
> I'll be able to play the multiplayer aspect to it's full potential on my 56k
> connection.

That kinda worries me too..And I am concerned about my graphics card- I have a choice to make see-either play a great looking game that slows down quite a lot or play a not-so-great-looking game at a high speed....Until I get more RAM for my PC or a new Graphics card, i am not gonna get the best out of the game
Tue 15/01/02 at 19:17
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'll definately be getting this game on release day. Trouble is, I don't think I'll be able to play the multiplayer aspect to it's full potential on my 56k connection.
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:23
Regular
"You Bum!!"
So is anyone here actually POSITIVE about buying the game? Cause I dont want to be playing it on my own in a team of people i dont even know....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.