GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"European Gamecube Release Date Announced!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
The gaming world, well, at least the European Gamers are in joy today, after hearing that the Nintendo Gamecube's release date over here, has finally been announced.

It has confirmed on that the Gamecube will indeed be released on the 17th of March. Yup, 17th of March.

The shock announcement was made last night, about 1AM, when user nintendono1fan8993 of some American forums finally leaked out the Gamecube release date. He also confirmed that he does indeed work for Nintendo.

Here's a small snippet taken from what was announced last night.

"yeah i work 4 ninty! they're trying to keep that europen date all a bit quiet, but i know its being released on the 17th of march, but if anyone asks u wher u got it from, dont tell it wasme!!1 i'll get fired!"

When later asked what nintendono1fan8993 actually does in his job, he admitted to being a head designer person on a game, but doesn't know which one it is, because he's waiting to be assigned one.

Nintendo themselves have been contacted, but refuse to speak to us. Microsoft are said to be sceptical, Sony just laughed, and Martine McCutcheon revealed that she was excited at the news.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Don't thank me, thank your brain. Actually, thank me.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:39
Regular
Meh. Thanks for the gad, by the way.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No, I merely jest.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:34
Regular
misterhappy wrote:
"Like Darius from pop stars."

Damnit, was going to use him too. Too obvious, so I left him out.

Snuggly, what are you moaning about? Is this to do with the upwire newsletter?
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Keep 'em coming Grix Thraves! Posts like these will keep us posters alert and should get lots of replys and comments, keeping the forums alive!!
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:15
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Yeah, you're right sorry misterhappy. Didn't want to use that many, because it's
> not really "my trademark". It's yours.

I'll try harder next time.
> :0)

Still, anyone who took this seriously, or got annoyed because it was a
> joke, sod off and live a little.

Why mock me Grix, WHY!!!!! Dringo falls on the floor in tears...

I only want one date, thats all a date, and then i can live again.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Yeah, you're right sorry misterhappy.

Don't be sorry! More "news" I say. The best part is thinking of an entirely inconsequential and irrelevant person to comment at the end. Like Darius from pop stars.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah, when you do it it's a joke, but when I do it it's 'innappropriate'. Some justice.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:01
Regular
Yeah, you're right sorry misterhappy. Didn't want to use that many, because it's not really "my trademark". It's yours.

I'll try harder next time. :0)

Still, anyone who took this seriously, or got annoyed because it was a joke, sod off and live a little.
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:56
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Why is it that people believe yours? Is it so hard to believe that Bill Gates would wage war on the vatican, or that Nintendo's semi-conductors would strike, or that the Rock would crash mid-sentence?

Sadly though Nintendo have missed another release date. Lenny was reported to have asked George if the farm would have alfafa and rabbits. Disgraced former Tory peer Jeffrey Archer turned the drama into an implausibly best-selling book. The film rights were purchased by a small bear who worked with producer Steven Spielberg to make a potential blockbuster. But it bombed at the cinema because Grix said it came out 2 months later and everyone believed him :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.