GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next week I are'll be mostly...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 12:31
Regular
Playing Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal and Star Wars Episode 1: Starfighter (Platinum) which I just ordered off SR this morning.

And probably the week after that too...

*Starts a stakeout by his letter box*
Thu 06/02/03 at 15:02
Regular
I'l be mostly doing uni work, trying to finish PGR and perhaps watch Platoon which I recorded over Christmas, and still haven't seen :-(
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
I shall be sitting in some bar in Cyprus!
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:18
Regular
Platoon's great, and Sniper, how the hell did you remember Princess Laramat? :D
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:59
Ill still be waiting for the release date of planet side, sniff...

AND GETTING ANGRY THAT ITS p2p
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
OakeyDokey wrote:
> AND GETTING ANGRY THAT ITS p2p

They should scrap P2P for a one off payment. I mean, you don't have to P2P to play most Blizzard games online like Diablo, so why can't other developers/publishers follow suit?

Online consoles are going the same way with their games, most are going to be P2P :(

It may be a profitable financial model, even SquareSoft announced at Christmas that they'd finally got enough subscribers to Final Fantasy XI Online to break even, but most gamers hate the P2P system. There has to be a better way. (And banner clicks aren't a better way).
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:19
"Darkness, always"
apparently, there is some MMORPG game in the offing that has no subscription costs, but you use real money to purchase in game items...
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
....Trying to get into Alice's pants.

Goddam shes gorgeous.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:24
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> apparently, there is some MMORPG game in the offing that has no
> subscription costs, but you use real money to purchase in game
> items...

That sounds crazy, you're spending money on virtual items that don't exist. Having said that on eBay there is a thriving economy for people selling items from games like Diablo, Everquest, Lineage and so on.

It's so crazy... it just... might... work...
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:25
"Darkness, always"
exactly, it's just taking the next step.

I would imagine that game items would go for a few pence, and only hitting high values if you spend a great deal of time in the game.

Of course, it's also possible to profit using this style of gameplay...
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:27
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Of course, it's also possible to profit using this style of
> gameplay...

Yeah, major drawback :( Only takes one female elf to get cyber-jiggy with a GameMaster or a script-kiddy to apply a bit of knowledge and the whole economy goes up the spout.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.