GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies of Arcadia Appreciation Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:38
Regular
This is the best game ever :D

I could type for hours about everything that makes this game so damn good, but I can't be bothered, and you wouldn't read it anyway.

Everything about this game, especcialy the characters, music and storyline are absolutely fantastic. I can pretty much remember the entire game, spending my time productivly at school, I actually made a list of all the memorable moments, needless to say it was scrapped cause it was too long :D

Anyway, you can find many faults with it, mainly due to the crapness of the Dreamcast's graphical power, it would have simply taken too long to eradict these and use the GC's instead. But it's simply a beautfil game. Bar the ship battles, there's nothing particulary original. But then there's nothing original about Halo, it does things that have been done before, but it does them incredibly well.

Like I said, it's the characters, storyline and locations that make it so damn good; the despair of Esperanza, the sadness of Lower City Valua, the mystery of the beautiful but deserted Glacia, the wonderfully eerie Dark Rift, the intrique of Yafutomata, the superstitious people of Ixa 'Taka (also home of the dirty old pervert priest; "I bet I could guess that goofy girl's measurements " :D).

And the characters; Vyce's determination and positive outlook or everything, Fina's intrique in this 'new' world, the absolutely brilliant Valuan Admirals (the best set of enemies in any game); Belleza, poncy rich boy Alfonso (one of my favourite admirals), crazy De Loco (another favourite), Gergorio, Vigoro and hard man Galcian.

All of the crew members you can find to join your ship, not forgetting other party members of course, Gilder rules (and his Gun Slinger attack :D), crusty git Drachma (first thing he does is punch Vyse in the face with his metal fist) and good natured but pansy Prince Enrique (gets airsick, tut)

The music is splendiferous, I've got most of it downloaded on my PC. Imperial Armada is excellant (you'll know it when you hear it, big bass drums), and my personnal favourite is the woeful Hall of Memories, so listen out for that (I'm certain one of the time it plays is when Fina talks about her past after the temple (don't want to spoil it :D)). To put it simply, the music ties in really well, matches the surroundings and is NOT CHEESY!

Oh and not forgetting, Ramirez is the best character ever! And ther eis so much more stuff I haven't even mentioned, like the amazing Gigas, but that would be spoiling it too much :D

Bah, this was only meant to be a paragraph or two, I got carried away. So if there's anything you want to know, ask me, 'cause I know everything :D. When SoAL gets it's UK release I expect this to be used (as it is, it will probably sink for now).

Best. Game. Ever.
Thu 06/02/03 at 22:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want this game too!

Behind Zelda, this is my next most wanted!
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:58
Regular
OMG i want this game more and more, gimme ur msn Whitestripes :P i want more info on this game hehe! :D
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:55
Regular
Storyline is excellant, and as the characters themselves aren't clued up at the start either, it's easy to get into.

The special attacks rock, but I don't want to spoil any of them, and the ship battles are fantastic :D

"Dance for me!"

:D:D:D
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:52
Regular
YEY! thats always gd!!! Wat kinda moves are there in battles? with ships and normal fights? and how quick can u get into it? eg into the story
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:48
Regular
There are scripted events where you board other vessels, most of them time you just blow them with your big cannons :D
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:44
Regular
I want this game so badly!! its so cool the ship battles and stuff i cant wait til i get it hehe, Can u jump onto other ships and distroy them?
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:38
Regular
This is the best game ever :D

I could type for hours about everything that makes this game so damn good, but I can't be bothered, and you wouldn't read it anyway.

Everything about this game, especcialy the characters, music and storyline are absolutely fantastic. I can pretty much remember the entire game, spending my time productivly at school, I actually made a list of all the memorable moments, needless to say it was scrapped cause it was too long :D

Anyway, you can find many faults with it, mainly due to the crapness of the Dreamcast's graphical power, it would have simply taken too long to eradict these and use the GC's instead. But it's simply a beautfil game. Bar the ship battles, there's nothing particulary original. But then there's nothing original about Halo, it does things that have been done before, but it does them incredibly well.

Like I said, it's the characters, storyline and locations that make it so damn good; the despair of Esperanza, the sadness of Lower City Valua, the mystery of the beautiful but deserted Glacia, the wonderfully eerie Dark Rift, the intrique of Yafutomata, the superstitious people of Ixa 'Taka (also home of the dirty old pervert priest; "I bet I could guess that goofy girl's measurements " :D).

And the characters; Vyce's determination and positive outlook or everything, Fina's intrique in this 'new' world, the absolutely brilliant Valuan Admirals (the best set of enemies in any game); Belleza, poncy rich boy Alfonso (one of my favourite admirals), crazy De Loco (another favourite), Gergorio, Vigoro and hard man Galcian.

All of the crew members you can find to join your ship, not forgetting other party members of course, Gilder rules (and his Gun Slinger attack :D), crusty git Drachma (first thing he does is punch Vyse in the face with his metal fist) and good natured but pansy Prince Enrique (gets airsick, tut)

The music is splendiferous, I've got most of it downloaded on my PC. Imperial Armada is excellant (you'll know it when you hear it, big bass drums), and my personnal favourite is the woeful Hall of Memories, so listen out for that (I'm certain one of the time it plays is when Fina talks about her past after the temple (don't want to spoil it :D)). To put it simply, the music ties in really well, matches the surroundings and is NOT CHEESY!

Oh and not forgetting, Ramirez is the best character ever! And ther eis so much more stuff I haven't even mentioned, like the amazing Gigas, but that would be spoiling it too much :D

Bah, this was only meant to be a paragraph or two, I got carried away. So if there's anything you want to know, ask me, 'cause I know everything :D. When SoAL gets it's UK release I expect this to be used (as it is, it will probably sink for now).

Best. Game. Ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.