GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies of Arcadia Appreciation Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 21:38
Regular
This is the best game ever :D

I could type for hours about everything that makes this game so damn good, but I can't be bothered, and you wouldn't read it anyway.

Everything about this game, especcialy the characters, music and storyline are absolutely fantastic. I can pretty much remember the entire game, spending my time productivly at school, I actually made a list of all the memorable moments, needless to say it was scrapped cause it was too long :D

Anyway, you can find many faults with it, mainly due to the crapness of the Dreamcast's graphical power, it would have simply taken too long to eradict these and use the GC's instead. But it's simply a beautfil game. Bar the ship battles, there's nothing particulary original. But then there's nothing original about Halo, it does things that have been done before, but it does them incredibly well.

Like I said, it's the characters, storyline and locations that make it so damn good; the despair of Esperanza, the sadness of Lower City Valua, the mystery of the beautiful but deserted Glacia, the wonderfully eerie Dark Rift, the intrique of Yafutomata, the superstitious people of Ixa 'Taka (also home of the dirty old pervert priest; "I bet I could guess that goofy girl's measurements " :D).

And the characters; Vyce's determination and positive outlook or everything, Fina's intrique in this 'new' world, the absolutely brilliant Valuan Admirals (the best set of enemies in any game); Belleza, poncy rich boy Alfonso (one of my favourite admirals), crazy De Loco (another favourite), Gergorio, Vigoro and hard man Galcian.

All of the crew members you can find to join your ship, not forgetting other party members of course, Gilder rules (and his Gun Slinger attack :D), crusty git Drachma (first thing he does is punch Vyse in the face with his metal fist) and good natured but pansy Prince Enrique (gets airsick, tut)

The music is splendiferous, I've got most of it downloaded on my PC. Imperial Armada is excellant (you'll know it when you hear it, big bass drums), and my personnal favourite is the woeful Hall of Memories, so listen out for that (I'm certain one of the time it plays is when Fina talks about her past after the temple (don't want to spoil it :D)). To put it simply, the music ties in really well, matches the surroundings and is NOT CHEESY!

Oh and not forgetting, Ramirez is the best character ever! And ther eis so much more stuff I haven't even mentioned, like the amazing Gigas, but that would be spoiling it too much :D

Bah, this was only meant to be a paragraph or two, I got carried away. So if there's anything you want to know, ask me, 'cause I know everything :D. When SoAL gets it's UK release I expect this to be used (as it is, it will probably sink for now).

Best. Game. Ever.
Sun 01/06/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
WHAT IS THIS SECONDARY CANNON! I DON'T HAVE SUCH A WEAPON!

Bah.
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:32
Regular
Domo Kun wrote:
> Damn that Red Giga.
>
> I need to defeat it.
>
> But how?

Run away from it when given the opportunity.

Oh, and hit it's head with a main cannon and secondary cannon on the turn when it attacks (Use the secondary cannon on the turn before it attacks and make it last two turns). And focus on the other two turns, using the harpoon cannon when possible. Oh, and always attack the heads, not the legs.
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:55
"!Basement Clucking!"
Damn it! I have to wait about a month for my copy :(
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Festivus!"
Damn that Red Giga.

I need to defeat it.

But how?
Sat 31/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
It's brilliant have to admit damn good feel about it..
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Festivus!"
I love it.

Played it for 9 hours today.

Maybe my next 'elite' game.

It shall rule.

oh yes.

It shall
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:39
Regular
Final Fantasy had alot of Random battles but this seems to have a little less..
nobody mentions aika here? mmm
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"It's people like you who made him leave!"
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Haha
>
> Fina is the most powerful of my group!
>
> And just look at those thighs..
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:22
Regular
oh my god superb game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.