GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HELP ME..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 11:29
Regular
to win GAD.

I've really tried these last few weeks, with a load of decent topics. Unfortunately, I haven't won even a pennywhistle. That's why I'm asking you, help me win GAD, help me win Metroid Prime. I fear I' m reverting back to my spamming phase. What do I do? What topics do I write about. HELP...
Sat 08/02/03 at 18:07
"period drama"
Start thinking for yourself, and don't let others do it for you, then you might win.
And keep trying, if you moan all the time no-one'll want to give you anything.
Sat 08/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, well just do what the other guys have said. Think of something you are really interested in, like a sport or something. For example, I started writing a post about F1 and how I thought it was becoming even too boring for me to watch.

I wasnt trying for a GAD, but once I actually started to write, I found out I had a fair old bit to say on the matter. Also, dont pre-script your posts if they are about something you feel strongly about, just start typing, and you should end up with a good post with your true feelings on the subject.

One other thing that could help. Dont post anything on the same day as Meka Dragon.

:)
Sat 08/02/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well... I'd find it more comforting to be a regular anyway, because, though it's possible, you don't find many GAD winning Newbies...
Sat 08/02/03 at 09:32
Regular
"$hit happens"
You dont only win when your a regular, i won my first one as a newbie, but just make your topics the best, to you your topics are good, but what about to other people, they may be boring, not funny etc, just keep trying, you will get lucky one day
Sat 08/02/03 at 08:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well, that's more than none, like me. But hey, I'm sure I'll get one when I'm a regular right?
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I've only won 2.
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah. I know how you feel. Sometimes... You just need a GAD. Well, I can't really give you any advice, I've never won one so just follow the other guys instructions. Cool. Maybe I'll win one, you never know...
Fri 07/02/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I just try reviews, they're easy.
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Read through lots of the GAD 1 winning posts to get the sort of feel for what sort of posts win.
Some of them are spoofs, some of them are interesting topics and some are serious stories. Try to come up with something fairly original, or write something that interests you or you feel strongly about.
Spoofs are often well regarded.
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I don't normally post for GAd but the one month I try, I fall off my horse...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.