GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I now hate GTA3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
As some of you may have already heard from me, or know from personal experience, is that GTA3 often crashes. Fly the Dod too far from Liberty City, and it'll crash. Recently, it has crashed on me a lot. The latest, and last crashing incident that will ever happen was about 20 minutes ago. The game crashed as usual. Guess when it crashed. Go, on guess, humour me. OK, I'll tell you. It crashed while it was saving. "Oh dear" I hear you think. Yes, Oh dear is the correct terminology, since it messed up my memory card and all the saves on it. Now after being 're-formatted', it works again, but minus all my saved games. This is so frustrating, since I had only today finished GTA3 and started to collect the remaining hidden packages. Not only that, but I tried to e-mail customer support. Note the key word, tried. There isn't a customer support e-mail address in the manual, on the box or on the GTA3 website. In fact, it was only by fluke that I found an address to e-mail at all. Sifting throught the rubbish on the DMA design website, I found the press release e-mail. So I e-mailed there, outlining my blinding rage. And so you have it folks, I now hate GTA 3, and Rockstar are my most despised publishers.

From a very angry and distressed Half Pint.
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
"¬_¬"
As some of you may have already heard from me, or know from personal experience, is that GTA3 often crashes. Fly the Dod too far from Liberty City, and it'll crash. Recently, it has crashed on me a lot. The latest, and last crashing incident that will ever happen was about 20 minutes ago. The game crashed as usual. Guess when it crashed. Go, on guess, humour me. OK, I'll tell you. It crashed while it was saving. "Oh dear" I hear you think. Yes, Oh dear is the correct terminology, since it messed up my memory card and all the saves on it. Now after being 're-formatted', it works again, but minus all my saved games. This is so frustrating, since I had only today finished GTA3 and started to collect the remaining hidden packages. Not only that, but I tried to e-mail customer support. Note the key word, tried. There isn't a customer support e-mail address in the manual, on the box or on the GTA3 website. In fact, it was only by fluke that I found an address to e-mail at all. Sifting throught the rubbish on the DMA design website, I found the press release e-mail. So I e-mailed there, outlining my blinding rage. And so you have it folks, I now hate GTA 3, and Rockstar are my most despised publishers.

From a very angry and distressed Half Pint.
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Hmmmm.....

I guess i'd be pretty mad too, but then again... compared to all the fun you've had out of the game, it isn't a major blow. So, you get to play all your games over and over again... if that vbores you then you must have a pretty crap collection... :D:D :D :D :D (Kidding)

Isn't there anyway you can take a friends almost complete file and go from there... any trading options.

If you steal his file - or copy it, you can carry on from where he/she got to.

I bet you can do in on Game Cube.. :)
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:27
Regular
"¬_¬"
The Game wrote:
> Hmmmm.....

I guess i'd be pretty mad too, but then again... compared to all
> the fun you've had out of the game, it isn't a major blow. So, you get to play
> all your games over and over again... if that vbores you then you must have a
> pretty crap collection... :D:D :D :D :D (Kidding)

Isn't there anyway you can
> take a friends almost complete file and go from there... any trading
> options.

If you steal his file - or copy it, you can carry on from where
> he/she got to.

I bet you can do in on Game Cube.. :)

----------

It had my completed Jak and Daxter save, my completed Devil May Cry save, my completed SSX Tricky save, my completed TH3 save, my completed Baldur's Gate save, my completed Crash 5 save.....
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
is case anyone elses game crashes,
can you please give us the e-mail address so we can contact the company and display our hatred towards them
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:35
I am tired of getting games that screw up when you do something right.
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
½pint wrote:

>It had my completed Jak and Daxter
> save, my completed Devil May Cry save, my completed SSX . >Tricky save, my
> completed TH3 save, my completed Baldur's Gate save, my >completed Crash 5
> save.....

---

Why don't you use a cheat to complete these games again? Seeing as you have already compleated it, there is an excuse to cheat.
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I thought my crash was bad.

For the first time ever, my GTA crashed today. I had been playing it for around 2 hours (without saving), found around 10 packages, did around 20 taxi fares, and (without cheating) managed to get a tank and enforcer in my garage. Then I went to save it. I was past the garage, literally feet away from the save point when it crashed. I was incredibly annoyed and thought 'why couldn't I have just got to the save point a few minutes earlier'. I suppose it could be better that it crashed where it did, as if I had got to save it and then it crashed, ruining everything on my memory card, I probably would have refused to play it ever again!

Oh and at least I can't crash it whilst flying the dodo since the longest I've ever flown for is 7 seconds! :-D
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Mine hasn't crashed at all yet. Hopefully it won't ever crash.

*crosses fingers*
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:26
Regular
"699 days!"
Neither has mine, but you've just made me pretty worried. I hope mine doesnt crash while saving too. Unlucky :-( .
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:28
My GTA III hasn't yet crashed, although I anticipate it. One bad point about me having it, is that I don't have a memory card just now.

*gasp*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.