GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I now hate GTA3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
As some of you may have already heard from me, or know from personal experience, is that GTA3 often crashes. Fly the Dod too far from Liberty City, and it'll crash. Recently, it has crashed on me a lot. The latest, and last crashing incident that will ever happen was about 20 minutes ago. The game crashed as usual. Guess when it crashed. Go, on guess, humour me. OK, I'll tell you. It crashed while it was saving. "Oh dear" I hear you think. Yes, Oh dear is the correct terminology, since it messed up my memory card and all the saves on it. Now after being 're-formatted', it works again, but minus all my saved games. This is so frustrating, since I had only today finished GTA3 and started to collect the remaining hidden packages. Not only that, but I tried to e-mail customer support. Note the key word, tried. There isn't a customer support e-mail address in the manual, on the box or on the GTA3 website. In fact, it was only by fluke that I found an address to e-mail at all. Sifting throught the rubbish on the DMA design website, I found the press release e-mail. So I e-mailed there, outlining my blinding rage. And so you have it folks, I now hate GTA 3, and Rockstar are my most despised publishers.

From a very angry and distressed Half Pint.
Sun 13/01/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
GTA3 is the best game in the world i think at the moment.

I am even tempted to buy a PS2 just to play it.

Ahhhhhhh

its would take me about 3-4 mounths to save up enough to buy one.

Tempted...
Sun 13/01/02 at 22:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
GTA3 has never crashed on me yet, its had its weird graphic glitches for a second or 2 here and there, but its always gone back to the game rather than completely fizzed out on me.
Sun 13/01/02 at 21:19
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i still love the game no matter what.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:55
"period drama"
Isn't it funny when a game crashes (not 'ha ha' funny) and you just sit there for about 5 minutes just waiting for some miricle to happen and the game to continue when it's obvious to everything but the part of your brain with hope in it that it's dead and you'll have to press the little reset button.

No. I'll just sit here a little longer.
I will not press the button.
No.
No.
No.
That's what it wants me to do.
But no, I won't.
No.
No.
Oh,what the hell.
Start again.

And it would have been better if you just re-started it straight away and get on with it.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thats bad. I've only had GTA3 crash once, when I was in near the end of a mission. Wonder why yours crashes all the time.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:34
Regular
"es argh"
*drinks half pint, half pint shuts up*

Not really, but I see how annoying that must be.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:32
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I allways hated GTA3. I just dont like killing people in cars.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:30
Regular
Heh, never crashed on me.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:17
"slightlyshortertagl"
hehehehehehehehehehehehe

all the problems shud be sorted when the Pc version comes out....

Whatisdainternet@aol
Sun 13/01/02 at 19:15
Regular
"this is a tagline"
It's understandable that the game would crash if you went to far - there would hardly be another world or something past the cliffs. Also, if you land in buildings (inside) then you are put outside again.

So, you've lost your other saves but that will give you an incentive to play them again, rather than wasting your money on some crap impulse buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.