GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 21:00
Regular
Graphics just keep getting better and better, don’t they? Look at the improvement from Devil May Cry to DMC2, SSX to Tricky. They get better through the ages. And that’s my question – when will the best possible graphics arrive and why don’t we have the graphics of the sequel in the original game?

If the sequels graphics are better than the originals then surely the power to make the graphics as rich as the sequel’s was available when the first game was in production?

Every game on the PS2 should stretch the graphical capabilities like Metal Gear Solid 2 did. Do developers discover new techniques when producing the sequel, or do they hold the possibilities back so the sequel looks better?

The graphics we see in Vice City and Tony Hawk’s 4 must have all been around when the prequels were made, so why weren’t they used?
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Graphics just keep getting better and better, don’t they? Look at the improvement from Devil May Cry to DMC2, SSX to Tricky. They get better through the ages. And that’s my question – when will the best possible graphics arrive and why don’t we have the graphics of the sequel in the original game?

If the sequels graphics are better than the originals then surely the power to make the graphics as rich as the sequel’s was available when the first game was in production?

Every game on the PS2 should stretch the graphical capabilities like Metal Gear Solid 2 did. Do developers discover new techniques when producing the sequel, or do they hold the possibilities back so the sequel looks better?

The graphics we see in Vice City and Tony Hawk’s 4 must have all been around when the prequels were made, so why weren’t they used?
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Because alot of developers and programmers are fat and lazy.
* Reaches for doughnut *
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Did you mean to put this in Prime?
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Exactly. One day, graphics will be almost life like.
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
gerrid wrote:
> Did you mean to put this in Prime?

Yeah, sorry about that...
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
soon it will be like running around in real life and all the characters will be so much more intelligent!
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah. Grphics are cool, but they shouldn't distract you from the game, unlike the tragic MGS2... Ah, great game, graphics were too good, spoiled the game. Oh well, maybe they'll focus more on the games.
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Reynolds wrote:
> If the sequels graphics are better than the originals then surely the
> power to make the graphics as rich as the sequel’s was available when
> the first game was in production?

I'm a simple man.
This line confused me greatly.
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Azul²°°³ wrote:

> I'm a simple man.
> This line confused me greatly.

In simple speak. A games graphics has the same capabilities as it's sequel. But the sequel has better graphics.

This is possible because usually a game engine is already established, so attention to prettiness can commence.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:06
Regular
ut2k3= good graphics = not so good gameplay....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.