GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is better Nintendo gamecube or the Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 11:07
Regular
What esactly is the best consle the gamecube or the Xbox
Does anyone know?Because I dont have a clue what is better.
It might be the Gamecube with only about 20 games
or it might be the Xbox with about 30 games.
Also what console has the best graphics I'm not sure but I've heard from some of my friends that the xbox bas the better graphics and from one of my other freinds he said that the gamecube has the best graphics so Im really confused about this.
but maybe most of you that are on this website know what is the best console,out of the two.
Sun 13/01/02 at 11:07
Regular
What esactly is the best consle the gamecube or the Xbox
Does anyone know?Because I dont have a clue what is better.
It might be the Gamecube with only about 20 games
or it might be the Xbox with about 30 games.
Also what console has the best graphics I'm not sure but I've heard from some of my friends that the xbox bas the better graphics and from one of my other freinds he said that the gamecube has the best graphics so Im really confused about this.
but maybe most of you that are on this website know what is the best console,out of the two.
Sun 13/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Technically the better graphics goes to the Xbox but like most things, that's debatable. As for games...

The Xbox will certainly have more games than the GC. Nintendo are famous for being, erm, "selective" with their devkits and they don't have many dvelopers on board aside from themselves. Microsoft, however, have just bought some.

Whether the games are of any quality or not is of different matter, but I'm sure you don't want to know about all that.

Summary:

Get a GameCube. The games will be better and you will probably enjoy it more, esepcially seeing as I think you're quite young. However, you might want to buy some copies of officical Xbox and GC games to make up your own mind.

The Xbox is released on March 14th, I think, and The official line on the GameCube is April/May, but some of the desparate zealots here seem convinced it'll be March, or earlier. You can pre-order both from this fine establishment, Special Reserve. Bear in mind, however, that the GC will be at least £100 cheaper.
Sun 13/01/02 at 11:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
" Get a GameCube. The games will be better and you will probably enjoy it more, esepcially seeing as I think you're quite young. However, you might want to buy some copies of officical Xbox and GC games to make up your own mind. "

Guh... I meant official Xbox and GC magazines.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The GameCube has the best controller and that should make it's gameplay much better than the others. The PS2 pad is TERRIBLE and the X-box one is too big! Gameplay is the most important factor of 'what's the best??', so the GameCube should be no.1! I'm getting one, and so should everyone else. And I don't reckon you should bother getting an X-box if you've already got a PC!
Sun 13/01/02 at 13:04
Regular
"699 days!"
The GameCube is cheaper, with a far better controller, and better games. It is guaranteed to have good games with all the developers it has behind it, and it will have internet multiplay. You can probably guess which way I went. :-)
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
And I don't reckon
> you should bother getting an X-box if you've already got a PC!

Why shouldnt you get an X-Box if you have a PC? The games arent the same, the only game that will be on the PC is Halo. All the other games are either exclusive games not on any other console or games that are on other consoles. Max Payne maybe a PC game but it is also on the PS2, so this doesnt count. In fact the PS2 has probably got more PC conversions or updates than the X-Box at the moment.

X-Box is a console and a PC is a computer.

GC is also good and shouldnt be ignored either. I have a X-box on pre-order but will also get a GC this summer.

I dont think either console is better. They offer a few different games to each, so its a matter of which games you want to play.
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
put it this way
xbox = £299
Gamecube = £199

xbox games = £42.99
Gamecube games are unconformed

plus xbox is just a p.c with a stylish shape.
its the same on the inside
gamecube has smaller discs so they cant be victims to piracy but then this means they can keep their prices high.
What is better is up to what we think, either that or wait
until the sales for the consoles appear in 6 months.
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:20
don't ask me
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:20
Regular
"¬_¬"
mandatare, some advice. Don't spam the Sony forum. Okay?
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:21
Regular
"¬_¬"
PINE wrote:
> don't ask me

-----

We won't ask you, we all know what your petty opinions are like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.