GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 14"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/07 at 09:38
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Some subjects are easier to write about than others. Some prefer the freedom of fantasy, and the lack of restrictions it imposes on one's imagination. Others prefer to draw on their own experiences, opting for straight up fiction and dramatics.

There are some topics however, that blur the lines between all subjects and genres. Indeed, the topic this time around is something we have all either experienced, fantasised over, or both. This should make interesting reading. The topic is:

"In the name of love"

Twist it, contrive it, ablate it, elate it. Do what you will, and I'll judge in three week's time (12th August), or whenever there are enough entries, whichever comes later.

EDIT - postponed until Sunday the 19th. This is a final deadline. There will be no further extensions.

EDIT - Winner is Grix with Amneshire
Fri 10/08/07 at 15:45
"possibly impossible"
Yet again, not sure I can get finished in time. Story is on my work laptop at home, Iīll be home later today but will be at my brotherīs wedding tomorrow. Bad timing for me, thatīs all...
Tue 31/07/07 at 17:40
Regular
"Author of Pain"
One of those rare occasions I wish I had mod power...
Tue 31/07/07 at 10:50
Regular
"What's basketball?"
pb wrote:
> Everpain wrote:
> I don't want to be reading about Picachu/Charmander lovin'.
> That's just wrong. Anything else is fair game.
>
> A whole new meaning to poke-emon?

A whole new meaning to Poke-balls! :p
Mon 30/07/07 at 22:26
"possibly impossible"
Everpain wrote:
> I don't want to be reading about Picachu/Charmander lovin'.
> That's just wrong. Anything else is fair game.

A whole new meaning to poke-emon?
Sat 28/07/07 at 13:01
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Damn. lol

Nah, you won't be finding any of that in there. Although there may be a bit of Slime love. :p

Some of the spelling and grammer is pretty s***, as I wrote it years ago, so I would have to tidy it up a bit first if I am going to post it anyway.
Sat 28/07/07 at 10:51
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I don't want to be reading about Picachu/Charmander lovin'. That's just wrong. Anything else is fair game.
Fri 27/07/07 at 11:41
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I don't suppose I could use some Dragon Warrior Monsters/Pokemon fanfic I posted on some other site years ago could I, since it fits the theme perfectly?

Although, it would have to be in parts...
Thu 26/07/07 at 22:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
I did have another idea of a written script of a conversation between a suspect and the policeman questioning him. It would be a sort of be a reporter writing up parts of it to piece together a tragic story of some sort. Or i might just write it as if a policeman wrote it in a sort of memo style. I'll think about it.
Thu 26/07/07 at 18:13
"period drama"
are any of these new guys actually any good at writing?
before i take a trawl through previous stuff in the wee bored hours
Thu 26/07/07 at 18:10
"period drama"
i might produce my glorious return for one of these some time, need to get the old juices flowing again.
that, or just enter with some old guff that vaguely fits the bill and hope to win a gad as well.

i suspect the latter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.