GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 14"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/07 at 09:38
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Some subjects are easier to write about than others. Some prefer the freedom of fantasy, and the lack of restrictions it imposes on one's imagination. Others prefer to draw on their own experiences, opting for straight up fiction and dramatics.

There are some topics however, that blur the lines between all subjects and genres. Indeed, the topic this time around is something we have all either experienced, fantasised over, or both. This should make interesting reading. The topic is:

"In the name of love"

Twist it, contrive it, ablate it, elate it. Do what you will, and I'll judge in three week's time (12th August), or whenever there are enough entries, whichever comes later.

EDIT - postponed until Sunday the 19th. This is a final deadline. There will be no further extensions.

EDIT - Winner is Grix with Amneshire
Mon 20/08/07 at 00:50
Regular
"not dead"
Now look, I'm most out for the next couple of weeks, so don't go doing any short deadline stuff.

And if the stories not holding your attention, even after a couple of goes, then maybe it's not worth it?
Sun 19/08/07 at 20:56
Regular
Oh, interesting.. uh, thanks!

My ability to read and concentrate has gone seriously downhill so I might waiver this.. but then, what the hell, I'll give it a try.

I'll try and think of a topic. Thanks again.
Sun 19/08/07 at 20:11
Regular
"not dead"
Well done, Grix
Sun 19/08/07 at 15:04
Regular
"Author of Pain"
A shame there aren't more entries for me to judge, but I am pleased that while there is no great quantity, the quality of entries is very high. Perhaps it takes the better writers to tap into those mushy feelings, eh?

Anyway, the winner is Grix for his story Amneshire. An enjoyable removal from the standard fare, and almost enough to generate that warm eyed feeling one might experience when watching a good love-tragedy movie.
Sun 19/08/07 at 14:15
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Judging time methinks. The promised stories are not appearing, and I lack patience.
Wed 15/08/07 at 15:08
"possibly impossible"
I'll see what I can do.

Not so much the lack of ideas for me, more the wealth of them and lack of time to write them down...
Sun 12/08/07 at 20:04
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I'm postponing the judging on this for a few days anyway. There is at least one more entry I've been assured will be added.
Sun 12/08/07 at 19:21
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I'm not sure I will finish tidying up my fanfic before the deadline anyway( EDIT: which happens to be today... oh well), because things keep coming up. I think I will have to post it some other time, unless I somehow manage to fininsh it in time.

By the way, I have started working on it on the computer, and I am on my laptop at the moment. So I can't do it now.
Sat 11/08/07 at 23:14
Regular
"not dead"
I entered. Not thought about the title at all, don't pay that too much mind.

Also, as I'm extremely short of time at the moment it's written after a 12hr shift, when I'm tired - but I just don't think I'd have time to edit and rewrite before the deadline. Hope it's not too error-strewn.
Fri 10/08/07 at 21:05
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Given the rate of entries, I'll likely be extending this anyway. Guess people don't want to tap into their feminine side heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.