GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console wars-F0X231"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 13:10
Regular
This aint another long thread like some i see and dont call me a noob plz!

Hey keep to the topic and DONT SPAM UP THE FORUM

Cheers, F0X231
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Indeed.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
"smelly boxers"
i know:t*tw*nka
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeah, though he is a puff, and a damn big one!
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
"smelly boxers"
i should of gone fro somin stronger
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Um... A puff?
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I'm just using this post as advertising for a story I just posted in the "Long, Interesting and Amusing" stories forum. Go over and check it out!
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:18
"period drama"
Eninem wrote:
> does ANYONE have dark cloud here

Yes, indeed I do.
I was looking foward to it, but twas very, very dissapointing. The ideas were there, and good as wel, but so badly developed they really weren't worth the effort.

* The dungeons became pointless and boring, repetative and tedious - just looking for parts and hacking constantly away at baddies in a randomly generated area, with no interesting features.

*The other characters never fitted into the story, had no other parts except for when they join you. Furthermore, when you have the genie or Osmond, the main character becomes completely obselete. Projectiles or melee? Not a hard choice.

*Weapon development took way too long and was very tedious

*You got thirsty - sounds realistic, ends up being very tedious

*Your never had enough money, or room in your 'pocket' to store enough stuff. Again, sounds realistic, but isn't fun and just gets annoying

*The story had no real place in the game, too few cut-scenes too far apart gave you no real reson to want to continue your quest except for completeing the game.

*The few bosses ranged stupidly in difficulty.

*Battle system was boring, and in the end - with tougher enemies, just a case of endless hacking and no skill.

*A lot of the enemies had no proper AI, and were near enough impossible to beat

On the other hand, the graphics were quite good and it was fun building your own villages. Although there was really only 1 formation you can put the things in, otherwise you do not please everyone, and it was very confined - not the massive villages and moutains etc. we were promised. Not enough other objects such as trees, river or lakes to put down.

Let's hope the sequal can improve.

I think your living in your own expectations from the hype and exitement of being able to build your own villages, and haven't actually looked at the game at it's finished state. Which isn't very impressive.
It's a typical state - MGS2 is a prime example - people can't understand why something so promising turned out not that good. So they convince themselves it is.

Good day to you, sir.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Eninem wrote:
> boohoo my topic hasnt been active since ten past one

Erm... Why don't you go over there, in the corner for a while, give us a break from your stupididty.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Azul²°°³ wrote:
> F0X231 wrote:
> im not a spammer thats just stupid, you want spamming look at the
> post
> on this page
>
> Oh the ironing.....

Indeed, soeaking of which, i burned a hole in my tie the other day, trying to get the creases out, best stick to what i'm good at.
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:28
Regular
"this is my shot"
boohoo my topic hasnt been active since ten past one

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.