GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game shops: "Can I help you?""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 20:56
Regular
The thing that bugs me in life, it's my eternal dilemma. I go into game shops, no matter which it is, GAME, EB, Game Station, Castle Games. I get "Can I help you?". Fact is if I needed help, I'd ask for it. I'm one of the confident gamers, I go in a shop either looking for a bargain or knowing what I want. These shop assistants think they know everything and the customers know nothing.

Advice to any shop assistants who work in games shops. Please don't come up to me, because next time I'm going to slap your face with the nearest joypad.

Talking of which, most of these people who work in game shops know nothing.

Have you lot had any experiences? I can you you a few.
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:37
Regular
Give them a break will you, they're trying to do their jobs, as the vast majority of Employees actually do their jobs quite well, AND the vast majority of the public will pick up a game based on it's title and how good the case looks, eg, Terminator Dawn Of Fate wou;d have been bought by people who recognise the Terminator name.
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:30
Regular
omg i never thought of that before! cheers youve saved me a ton lol
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:27
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Me: Hello, yes, I'd like to return these games.

*puts four PS2 games on the desk*

GAME till monkey: What? Why do you want to return them?

Me: ...didn't like them.

Him: But...these are some of the best games on the system?!

Me: I'd like a full refund please.

Free rentals are GOD.
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:23
Regular
lol ye i hate t wen that happens, then wen u do ask for help they sometimes cant lol
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"¬_¬"
Game assistant - "Can I help?"
Me - "Yes, I have a rather large piano outside. Move it for me."

:D
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:29
Regular
"¬_¬"
Mystique wrote:
> King_T wrote:
> Erm, I've just come back to these forums after 2 years, aint ya got
> anything more to say than that?
> ******
> Yes. I am Mystique. Hear me bark. Woof!

Hehe.
Tue 11/02/03 at 16:39
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I had one shop assistant tell me that the Gamecube wasn't coming out when i went to pre order it, "Nintendo have been bought out by Microsoft..." he said. The git.
Tue 11/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
This sort of 'customer service' is why everyone gets Harry Potter for christmas.

Although my mum doesn't buy me games anymore, thank god.
Tue 11/02/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I was in Game in Reading the other day (the one in the Broad St Arcade, for those who know it), and me and a mate were watching the demo for DOA2 on the X-Box. This really greasy sales guy asks if we need any help, and I said no.

Then he starts going off on one about how superior the X-Box was to all the other machines, and that even though this was an old game, none of the other platforms can match it for graphics.

Then he went off on one about PC gaming, and that was the time we left.

I go into a game shop either knowing what I want or looking for a bargain. I do like to be asked if I need any help as much as I do going into any other store, but if I say no, I mean no because I don't need any, not because I fancy a 10 minute debate with someone who thinks he knows better, regardless of wether he actually does or not.
Tue 11/02/03 at 08:12
Regular
"this is my shot"
im a confused chicken, help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.