GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game shops: "Can I help you?""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 20:56
Regular
The thing that bugs me in life, it's my eternal dilemma. I go into game shops, no matter which it is, GAME, EB, Game Station, Castle Games. I get "Can I help you?". Fact is if I needed help, I'd ask for it. I'm one of the confident gamers, I go in a shop either looking for a bargain or knowing what I want. These shop assistants think they know everything and the customers know nothing.

Advice to any shop assistants who work in games shops. Please don't come up to me, because next time I'm going to slap your face with the nearest joypad.

Talking of which, most of these people who work in game shops know nothing.

Have you lot had any experiences? I can you you a few.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:56
The thing that bugs me in life, it's my eternal dilemma. I go into game shops, no matter which it is, GAME, EB, Game Station, Castle Games. I get "Can I help you?". Fact is if I needed help, I'd ask for it. I'm one of the confident gamers, I go in a shop either looking for a bargain or knowing what I want. These shop assistants think they know everything and the customers know nothing.

Advice to any shop assistants who work in games shops. Please don't come up to me, because next time I'm going to slap your face with the nearest joypad.

Talking of which, most of these people who work in game shops know nothing.

Have you lot had any experiences? I can you you a few.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
Go Joby!!

;)
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yes, it has happened me several times,

That is all.
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:01
Erm, I've just come back to these forums after 2 years, aint ya got anything more to say than that?
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
King_T wrote:
> Erm, I've just come back to these forums after 2 years, aint ya got
> anything more to say than that?

No.
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:12
Regular
King_T wrote:
> Erm, I've just come back to these forums after 2 years, aint ya got
> anything more to say than that?
Yes. I am Mystique. Hear me roar.
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:32
Regular
Christ, their doing their jobs you moron.

If I offer someone help in a shop and they act like you, i'll be the one doing the controller slapping
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well said.
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Exactly.

They have to assume you know nothing.

A waiter does not ignore new customers, simply because they think they know the menu off by heart......
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:38
When I go into a shop I either am going in to look at a particular item, or to look at recent reductions and bargains. I appreciate help but most of the time they dont know diddly sqwat about what their talking about...
Although, some can be very helpful, most of the time they're just annoying...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.