GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamer of the Year...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 23:04
Regular
... its not direct competition, I have been in many console competitions and it is always best when you fight side by side with a game. The tension and atmosphere it creates is amazing...

..little message to Special Reserve. Please hold a national console championships. Please. Please. Please. Why? Because us UK gamers need one.

Tony - I have sent you information on a company that runs it for you, sponsors are easy to get, as the unofficial magazine always want to do that, come on... if even you wanted staff just get some of the respected on the forums.

Four venues as the qualifying, Leeds, Glasgow, London and Cardiff. A final in London. Make it so. Please.

(Argh well, at least you tried again).

I also think its wrong to call it 'Gamer of the Year'. Because it just wouldn't be true.
Anyways.
Moan mode off.
Joby

:P
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:24
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The competition is all good and well but...I don't live anywhere near those bleedin' places!
Sat 12/01/02 at 16:57
Bloddy brilliant idea (mainly because you suggested Cardiff)
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:25
Regular
"699 days!"
Cool idea, but would it be just a radom game from any format? Coz then it would just be luck if you got the game u like.
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
Fish-e wrote:
> Bloddy brilliant idea (mainly because you suggested Cardiff)

Choose the four places with the which are spead out and most easy to hire halls and rooms in....
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:35
Regular
er-no wrote:
"Moan mode off."

Well, about bloody time! What's it been... two years?

;0)
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I dunno about a 'national console championships' but I think it would be interesting if SR did something with their game servers?

On-Line gameing would allow anyone to participae, not just those within reach of one of the allocated regions?
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> er-no wrote:
"Moan mode off."

Well, about bloody time! What's it
> been... two years?

;0)

*Moan mode automatically back on*

Oh shut up Grix, its actually been 18 months. Until Tony actually does this competition. I would win. I want to prove mysself. I am a console.

*continuation of moan mode*
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> I dunno about a 'national console championships' but I think it would be
> interesting if SR did something with their game servers?

On-Line gameing
> would allow anyone to participae, not just those within reach of one of the
> allocated regions?

People can cheat on the internet server, we need face to face stuff. I want to make Sheepy run.
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:40
Regular
Yeah, I think it would be cool. Wouldn't be able to actually participate myself, but I'd go out in the first round anyway. :0)

er-no wrote:

"I would win."

Smug b****r. :0)
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote:
>People can cheat on
> the internet server, we need face to face stuff. I want to make Sheepy run.

aye... but presumably wether the competition was on-line of off there would need to be moderators to check for fair play...

There are programs for most of the popular on-line games that allow for passive viewing... these could even be made avalible to the general public... so all forum memebers (or anyone else who was interrested enough to download the program) could watch each head to head?

dunno?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.